Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Saturday, March 26, 2022

A LESSON IN HUMILITY



To be successful in life's endeavors, we need to have self-confidence; however, it's a slippery slope. If not kept in check, that self-confidence can grow to monstrous proportions resulting in feelings of superiority. Once we reach that point, it's like a drug … we need more. We do all we can to maintain that "high," even if it's at the expense of others...and our souls.

I've been there, and looking back brings a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I was so full of myself I failed to acknowledge those who helped and encouraged me ... but most importantly, I distanced myself from God. I may have reached the top, but I was alone … absent friends and bereft of Spirit.

It's an important lesson in humility and calls to mind something I saw long ago:

                                Edging

                                God

                                Out

So as we celebrate our accomplishments, let us always remember Philippians 2:1-10: 


"So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!