Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Happy Anniversary in Heaven

 


Today marks my parents’ 71st wedding anniversary.  My heart is heavy, missing them, but I am comforted knowing they are together and watching over me.  I wear both of their wedding bands on a necklace.  It’s a symbol of their love for each other and the love I have for them.

 My mom passed in 2014 and my dad in 2016, but to this day, there are times I think of picking up the phone and calling them.  Once reality strikes, the tears start.  There is no time limit on grief, but the sting lessens through reminiscing. 

My favorite memory is when they joined hands every night and said the Lord’s Prayer.  When mom was nearing death and too weak to speak, dad told her he would pray twice … once for him and once for her, which he did until his own passing.   

 

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad.  


I love and miss you more than words can express. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!