Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

LETTING GO - FOR GOOD

 


I was facing an issue that seemed impossible to resolve so I turned it over to God during one of our chats. I remained silent to hear His answer.  No dice. Nada.  Nary a peep.  It's times like this I get discouraged and, yes, angry.  Angry that He is either ignoring me or, worse....laughing (He does have a sense of humor - I'm living proof).

My anxiety got the better of me so I decided to fix it myself. God wasn't fast enough and I wanted immediate resolution. Of course, my way of fixing the issue failed miserably.  My anxiety increased as did my blood pressure. Sound familiar?  I bet it does!!! 

Deep down in my mind (really deep), the voice of reason surfaced and reminded me God answers in His own time and his timing is perfect. In this particular case, not answering me was His way of telling me I was right where I was supposed to be.  It allowed me to learn a valuable life lesson.  His not answering also provided me an opportunity to practice patience (of which I have none) and strengthen my trust in Him.

Maybe I should get out pencil and paper, list everything I took back from God, put the paper in a frying pan, say a prayer, and light a match.  A visual reminder that once I turn something over to God, I will get burned if I take it back. (yikes




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!