Below is an excerpt that addresses the desire to end one's life. The highlighted boxes are the personalized scriptures.
Behind our smiles are tears. We are the victims of depression. We are the ones who are fighting a war within ourselves - a war that consists of many battles on many fronts. Of those won, the losses always seem to eclipse the triumphs. This book addresses the spiritual side of the battle by utilizing personalized scripture, to bring the reader into God's word with the goal of providing serenity and hope. We can be victorious ... through treatment, scripture and prayer.
- For He knows well the plans He has in mind for me …plans for my welfare and not for woe, so as to give me a future of hope.
- The God of hope fills me with all joy and peace in believing,and I will abound in hope by the power of the holy Spirit.
- Hope in the LORD will renew my strength, I will soar on eagles’ wings;I will run and not grow weary, walk and not grow faint.
- For I will surely have a future, and my hope will not be cut off.
- I believe The LORD is my portion … therefore, I will hope in Him.