Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

With Easter right around the corner, I've been reflecting on the crucifixion ... Jesus' ultimate display of His love for us. How blessed we are to be loved to that extent and how sad it is that sometimes we betray that love by not trusting Him.

When we are faced with struggles we turn them over to God; however, we are human and impatient. So what do we do? We take the struggles back – convinced we can handle them ourselves. Nothing is further from the truth; in fact, things usually get worse.

There is an exercise I learned to use that helps in dealing with the trials of life. I turn them over to our loving Savior through prayer, but also do it physically. I write down everything on a piece of paper and drop it in my God Box. This box is locked and I don't have the key … a subtle reminder He is in control and to leave my troubles with Him.

Jesus, in your agony you turned to the Father in faith and trust, 
knowing He would never forsake you. 
 When I am faced with challenges I my life, 
may my faith and trust emulate yours.
Amen!

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

This is a box I just made for a retreat.
And yes, the key will be removed!

2 comments:

  1. Patti, I love the idea of a God box. I think I'll look for one. We visual people do better with actual reminders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I did is order a "suggestion box" on Amazon...it has a lock on it and a slot. It does help!!!!!

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated!