Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Monday, March 10, 2014

...but the greatest of these is love.

As most of you are aware, my mom passed on February 12th. My dad has been doing well considering, but today will be a tough one for him as it would have been their 63rd wedding anniversary.

Looking back, the most memorable part of their marriage for me was every night they would say the Lord's Prayer together....and I mean every night. Even when one of them was in the hospital they would say it together before the other left for the night; if one was out of town they would say it over the phone.

As my mom neared her journey home, she was unable to speak. One night I overheard my dad tell her, “Its okay honey, I'm saying our prayers twice; once for me and once for you”.  Now if that's not love, I don't know what is.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. 
 But the greatest of these is love. 
 (1 Corinthians 13:13)

This was taken on their 62nd wedding anniversary
3/10/13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!