Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mother's Day


We celebrate many "firsts" ... First smile, first tooth, first step, first date.  But there are other "firsts" in our lives that bring sadness.  

May 11th is my first Mother's Day without mom and it just happens to also be her birthday ... a double whammy. Seeing Mother's Day commercials on TV has literally brought me to tears.

What I have come to realize these past few days is that although I'm still grieving, I am smiling more.  I'm not reflecting as much on her death as I am her life.  The images of her fading away - physically and mentally - are being replaced with all the memories from years passed, especially those after she and dad moved in with us and before she started failing.  For me, that's the one thing that is softening the blow.  Having her that close was a wonderful opportunity to share quality time day in and day out - something many have not had.  God, in His infinite wisdom, knew I would need that special time - and for that I am truly grateful.



My prayer for Sunday

Heavenly Father, please wrap me in your loving and comforting arms.  May I be consoled knowing that each tear that drops will be an "I Love You" being sent to my mom in Heaven.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!