Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Source of Comfort

I'm still smack dab in the middle of the grieving process and it stinks.  (Very poetic isn't it?)   We're all trying to get back on a regular routine and I have returned to writing, which helps considerably. There are days I think I've shed my last tear and another dam breaks. Throughout this emotional roller coaster I need a special source of comfort.


My mom had a cylinder shaped pillow she used for her back the past ten or so years...for some reason she called it her NuNu.  In her final days my dad and I used it to make her arms comfortable whenever she was repositioned on her side. In fact, she was in that position when she passed.  When hospice left and my mom was gone from our house, her NuNu was on the recliner in their living room. I instinctively picked it up and carry it around with me whenever I'm home; in fact I'm leaning on it right now. Even when I go to bed I hold on to it like a child with a stuffed animal.




Jesus said, "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you" (John 14:18).  Maybe that raggedy old NuNu was left out for me to find because I needed a physical way cling to Him for awhile.  For nothing is impossible with God (Luke 1:37).


Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!