Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pulling up the Big Girl Panties

      The day I lost my mom and the days following have been the most difficult I've ever experienced. I didn't think I would be able to survive the pain and emptiness that pulsed through my soul.  I've shed many tears, and when I thought I had nothing left, more came. With the tears came isolation, sleeplessness and contemplation.  (Yes, my brain is in overdrive).  Early this morning while hugging her pillow that I've been carrying around with me, I realized how blessed I am to experience this much grief. It shows the true depth of love I have for her. I know each tear drop is an "I Love You" being sent to Heaven.   

      I know she would not want me to wallow.  She was the epitome of strength and perseverance and I am determined to follow her example.  I will forever miss her physical presence, but the pain will eventually be replaced with the joy of knowing she's watching over me, that I can still talk to her, and she is at peace with our loving Savior.  
      So now it's time to pull up my big girl panties and get back to doing what made her proud - my writing.  I not only have the Holy Spirit guiding my fingers on the keyboard, my mom is there as well. Praise God!
          Psalm 30:5 – Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. 

    Have a Blessed Day!

    2 comments:

    1. Oh, Patti, my heart breaks for you because I know it all firsthand. You're right - JOY does come in the morning. (Remember there is a season for grief that you're entitled to, so let God's great big arms enfold you.) She is no longer suffering and one day, you'll see her again. Now get back to it and make her proud!

      ReplyDelete

    Your comments are always appreciated!