Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Everlasting Love

This weekend has been one of mixed emotions.  Being the daughter of Seahawks fans, yesterday's win brought high-fives with my dad as we watched the game together in the family room, a few steps away from Mom who started failing significantly on Friday.  Every few minutes one of us would sit next to her on the edge of the bed and describe what was going on.  Her eyes, closed most of the time, made it appear as if she was sleeping but we knew she would want to know how her "Hawks were doing.  With every update she responded with a weak smile and nod.

Mentally I've been preparing for my mom's passing but I constructed a wall around my heart, suppressing my emotions. A brick came loose yesterday and the wall collapsed.  I've never experienced this much pain before, but I was reminded of the Passion.  Jesus demonstrated his unconditional and everlasting love for us through enduring insufferable pain.  Having that wall crumble allowed me to finally feel the pain that shows the depth of love I have towards my mom, and for that I am truly grateful.





HAVE A BLESSED DAY



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!