Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Walk The Talk

I wrote this post last year and it's one of my favorites.  Although an avid Seattle Seahawks fan, I have great respect for Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers Quarterback.

*******************


My husband (who is a Chargers fan - oh well, married him anyway) attended a men's breakfast where Mr. Rivers was speaking.  I watched the DVD afterwards and was very impressed how openly he spoke about his love of God, being pro-life and the importance of practicing his faith in all aspects of his life ...including attending mass regularly (even when out of town), chastity before marriage and natural family planning. 

I saw Mr. Rivers "walking the walk" a few years ago when my husband and I flew up to Seattle for the Seahawks/Chargers game (a rare match-up except for pre-season).  The Saturday night before the game we went to mass ... and in walked Mr. Rivers.  He had no entourage...he was alone....he quietly walked in, knelt down and prayed, which we do prior to mass starting.  After mass he left as he arrived, quietly. He didn't want to be noticed, he wanted his time with God.  

I pray the example Mr. Rivers sets, as well as other NFL notables (i.e., Tim Tebow, Curt Warner, Tony Dungy, Joe Gibbs) becomes the rule, rather than the exception.

We were fortunate to
meet Mr. Rivers at a
pro-life event a few
years ago.


HAVE A BLESSED DAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!