Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Responding with Love


The following is an excerpt from my devotional "Embrace the Morning", which was just released. 
II. The Scourging at the Pillar

John 19:1: Then Pilate took Jesus and had him scourged.

Although Jesus suffered excruciating pain, He never once let go of His love for us or His persecutors. Our hearts break for the pain He endured but conversely we should rejoice in His abundance of love. We need to follow His example by loving one another, despite any transgression against us.
Jesus, no amount of pain stopped you from loving me. 
When I am faced with pain or cruelty from others, may I not lash out in anger, but respond with love.
     My Precious Savior, guide me to follow Your word in my thoughts, words and deeds.  At day's end may I count my blessings with love and gratitude.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please keep all the people suffering in the Philippines in your prayers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!




Go Seahawks and Gridiron Granny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!