Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Finding Peace



I saw the following post on Facebook and it struck me like a bolt of lightening ~ I am that quote.  Through the grace of God, my wounds are healed and that's why I write devotionals and am involved in Rachel's Hope and Silent No More.





This doesn't just apply to post-abortive women, it applies to anyone who has experienced physical, emotional or spiritual trauma.  It is human nature to bury those memories in the deepest recesses of our soul...defense against re-experiencing them.  Reaching out for help in dealing with past traumas and trusting in the love and mercy of God removes the pain and anguish that has taken up so much valuable space in our souls, making room for indescribable peace, serenity and joy.


"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
Psalm 147:3


HAVE A BLESSED DAY!    

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with dealing with your past hurts. I am a poet and God gives me poetry when I am hurting. But it's poetry that ministers to others. God never meant for us to be consumed by our pain. He wants us stop embrace it, feel it and then let him comfort us, so we can then comfort others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, poetry is indeed a gift from God and touches so many people. Thank you for sharing that gift!

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated!