Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

BEFORE GRATITUDE


Thursday, we will be expressing our gratitude for all of God's blessings, but how can we sincerely express gratitude if we are carrying resentments towards someone?  We can't.  So before the festivities begin, let's put ourselves in a quiet place with God and be freed from the negativity that is suppressing our thanksgiving by praying:





Father God, I choose, as an act of my will, to forgive (person's name) for (specific offense.) Father, I ask that you forgive (person's name) as well; and not hold these charges against him/her on my account. 

Father God, if there are any more stored up negative feelings in me towards (person's name), I ask that you cleanse me.  I will be open to replace these negative emotions with the fruit of your Holy Spirit.

Father, Your Holy Word tells us that we overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ, and the word of our testimony. I now plead the blood of Jesus over this offense and over my unforgiveness. Lord, do not allow Satan to interfere with my testimony. 

Heavenly Father, I ask that you help me regain the ground that I gave up when I held onto these offenses. I ask that you take back this ground and no longer allow Satan to operate there. Give me wisdom to deal with this situation in the future.

Father, I ask that you heal now the wounded places in my soul. Heal my memory of those offenses so that I can look back on them realistically, knowing that You have healed me. Now Father, I ask that you bless (person's name) with Your abundant mercy.

Prosper him/her in every way: body, soul, and spirit. AMEN. 



(Prayer written by Mark Hargrave www.markhargrave.com/forgiveness)
 

2 comments:

  1. I wrote on forgiveness today. There is so much hate in the world. Thank you for your friendship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana. I write about forgiveness a great deal as the world needs to hear it over and over again, and I need to be reminded. :) God Bless!

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated!