Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Another Casualty of Abortion

 

Being active in the pro-life community allows me to meet and work with many dynamic and inspirational people.  Such was the case a while back when I had dinner with Father Frank Pavone, National Director of Priests for Life and Georgette Forney, President of Anglicans for Life/Co-Founder of the Silent No More Awareness Campaign.

While enjoying outdoor dining on the beautiful San Diego Harbor, our light banter eventually turned to the Planned Parenthood undercover videos and how they are exposing the truth about abortion.  During that conversation, I shared a casualty of abortion I had recently realized after thirty-plus years. Georgette suggested I share it on my blog so here it is:

I had two abortions which resulted in abuse of alcohol and other self-destructive behaviors.  I not only aborted two precious babies, I aborted my fertility by having a tubal ligation at the age of thirty … a means to punish myself. I no longer deserved  to be a mother. However, God disagreed and gave me another chance at motherhood. In 1991, a precious ten-year-old foster child captured the hearts of my ex-husband and me and on 6/1/1992, became our forever son.

It was when my first granddaughter was born that I realized the other casualty of abortion. By punishing myself with sterilization, the biological chain of life ended. I would never hear, “Your son has your eyes,” or “Your granddaughter has your smile.”

My son blessed us with a total of six grandchildren and a great-grandson. Sadly, none of them will carry the smile and laugh I inherited from my mother or the ears and eyes from my father.  Still, they carry something just as powerful.  Something that transcends biology ... they carry my unconditional love.   



                                



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!