Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Monday, February 21, 2022

LENTEN FOOD FOR THOUGHT



 As a writer, life experiences sometimes inspire ideas for a blog post or book, but I never expected a menial household chore to be one of them. 

You see, I had an attack of domesticity the other day and decided to clean out my refrigerator.  I realized the contents could very easily be used to get rid of a spouse, backstabbing friend, noisy neighbor ... well, the possibilities are endless, and their passing would more than likely be determined an "accidental poisoning". 

I'm embarrassed to say I had cottage cheese that expired three months ago, hidden behind a plastic container filled with something that morphed into a green slimy substance, strategically hidden by all newly purchased grocery items.  In fact, there were several hidden plastic containers and some of the slime was even black. Did you know jelly can mold? I guess 2020 wasn't a good year for grapes. Of course, let's not forget salad dressing, apple sauce, a jar of maraschino cherries (I don't even recall buying them), and of course the now unidentifiable veggies in plastic bags.

Not only did this gag-inducing chore give me ideas for a future serial killer book, but it also reminded me to be more diligent in checking expiration dates and throwing the old stuff out. It's bad enough to be faced with slime and mold, but the smell.....that alone could do someone in.

And ... here it comes ... it gave me food for thought:  Just like expired items in the fridge, unresolved anger or hurt will fester and eventually poison your soul if you don't throw it out through forgiveness.

Lent is right around the corner ... let's clean!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!