Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Who Cares?




This past week started out with several disappointing situations which still have not been resolved; however, by Friday, I felt nothing but serenity and gratitude. 

I woke up on Monday morning with my regular "life is good" attitude until I opened an e-mail that pulled the rug out from under me. I switched over to Facebook for a temporary distraction only to find a derogatory post from a family member that was unwarranted and cruel.  I was disappointed, hurt and angry ... overcome with a strong desire for retaliation. Satan had found a way to push buttons in his continuing quest to weaken my faith ... but he lost. Although I had an angry discussion with God and wallowed in self-pity for a while, faith prevailed, thanks to so many loving and compassionate people in my life.

To quote Roy Lessin in his devotional, God Cares for You

 "There are times when God expresses His care for us through others.  It can be through someone's smile or touch ... through a timely word that is spoken, or a loving deed that is expressed ... through a burden that is shared, or a prayer that is prayed on your behalf.  In big ways and in little ways, God has so many wonderful ways of caring for you."

 
I am so very blessed.
 
  Thus we may say with confidence:
“The Lord is my helper, and I will not be afraid.
What can anyone do to me?
Hebrews 13:6
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!