Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Subtle Warning


"So do not worry and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or ‘What are we to drink?’ or ‘What are we to wear?’ All these things the pagans seek. Your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides."
Matthew 6:31-33 (NABRE)




I've been overachieving in the "worry department" lately to the point of distraction and carelessness. In fact, I became so preoccupied I did something I'd never done before -- I lost my cell phone.  

After chastising myself for being so scatterbrained, it got me thinking (look out folks, here it comes):  Life is full of distractions, and if we are not careful, we will lose more than a cell phone. We'll lose focus on what's really important ~ Our daily contact with God.

I believe He was sending me a subtle warning … I was letting life rather than Him be in control.  Had I turned everything over, I would not have been overwhelmed in the first place. A cell phone is a small price to pay to avoid a detour on my faith journey. 



2 comments:

  1. Oh thank you, Patti. I so needed this today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome....I'll need to come back and read this over and over again.... :)

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated!