Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Thursday, March 23, 2017

The "If Only" Zone



My mind is in overdrive (again) and the Holy Spirit nudged me to blog about beating myself up over past mistakes.

Although I confess my sins to a priest in the Sacrament of Reconciliation, there are times when I just cannot let go. The tapes of my mistakes keep playing in my mind, and I end up entering the "if only" zone, wishing I could turn back the hands of time. Yeah, like that's going to happen.

It is Satan that pulls out those old tapes and I can almost see him laughing as he hits the replay button, highlighting all the ugliness and shame. What saves me from self-destruction is turning to God. He fast forwards the tapes to lessons learned, and reminds me if I was able to turn back the hands of time, I would not be the person I am today ... defined by His mercy, not my mistakes.




I'm pasting this on my bathroom mirror.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!