Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring Cleaning



The dreariness of winter is on its way out, making way for the sunlight of spring. This sunlight regenerates nature's beauty and becomes a gentle reminder to renew my faith life.

 I go through periods when I get distracted by so many earthly matters I end up neglecting God; a heart filled with the Holy Spirit quickly becomes one filled with discontent. The only way to get back on track is to “spring clean” my soul. I set aside time to reflect and journal about my successes and shortcomings. I find a multitude of reasons to rejoice as well as what needs to be purged through the sacrament of reconciliation. The words create a road map back to Him and the peace that had been evading me.

Once that spring cleaning is complete, I have the energy to tackle my closets and windows!

 He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness,
but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration
and renewal of the Holy Spirit. 
 (Titus 3:5)


2 comments:

  1. Spot on Patti!!! Sending love and best wishes my friend!!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated!