Tuesday, January 17, 2017

FROM EVIL TO GOODNESS - IT CAN HAPPEN



This coming Saturday, I will be at the San Diego Walk for Life.   The theme for the walk is, “Real People, Real Stories,” and it will be my honor to be one of the real people sharing a real story about abortion.  Then five days later I’ll be jetting off to Washington, D.C. to do the same alongside some of my Silent No More sisters and brothers on the steps of the Supreme Court building at the March for  Life.

Preparing for these events always reminds me of something that happened while attending the West Coast Walk for Life a few years ago.  After giving our testimonies at the pre-walk rally, my friend Leslie and I were asked if we would be willing to join in a panel discussion on Immaculate Heart Radio and talk about life before, but most importantly, after our abortions.  

After the segment finished, a priest on the panel thanked us for having the courage to tell our stories in front of so many people then again on national radio.  Others have made similar comments, and some have even asked me if I get embarrassed because my past is consumed by so many ugly excesses.  

I'm not courageous by any means.  I'm a nervous wreck when speaking.  I've considered backing out on several occasions, but God is quite persuasive. He has called me to share because, unfortunately, there are many women out there just like me.  It's an opportunity to reach out to them and give them comfort knowing they are not alone and no matter how bad they think they are ... nothing is unforgivable in God's eyes.  

As far as being ashamed or embarrassed Yes, I was,  but found the more I shared my past; I realized it was a blessing.  As a caterpillar morphs into a beautiful butterfly, evil miraculously emerges as good.  God saved me from total self-destruction for a reason. He's using me as well as all my Silent No More sisters and brothers as beacons of hope for those suffering in silence - guiding them towards hope and healing.  

I pray each and every day I don't let Him down. 

“So do not be ashamed of your testimony to our Lord, nor of me, a prisoner for his sake; but bear your share of hardship for the gospel with the strength that comes from God.”

2 Timothy 1:8








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!