I happen to be one of those in that basket and very proud to be in such good company. This is what it takes to be in the deplorable basket – not in any specific order:
- Value life at all stages, from womb to natural death.
- Stand up for traditional values.
- Be proud of our faith and not afraid or ashamed to share it.
- Put the security of our nation and its citizens first by:A. Heartily welcoming legal immigrants, once they are adequately vetted.B. Heartily welcoming refugees, once they are adequately vetted.C. Protect our borders from illegal immigration.
- Help those in need by giving them a hand up, rather than a hand-out.
- Protect the integrity of the voting process by requiring identification.
- Respect our veterans and provide them quality health care and other assistance.
- Respect our country’s law enforcement and expect officers who use undue force be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- Not use what happened many years ago as an excuse for current behavior.
- Respect our country’s laws, and if violated, expect to be prosecuted.
- Respect everyone’s right to their own opinions and not demean those who do not agree with us by name calling (i.e., racist, homophobic, etc.)
- Demand those in or running for office to follow all the laws applying to every citizen and assure they be prosecuted if said laws are broken.
- Be an advocate for unity, rather than one that advocates division of classes, race, culture, etc.
- Support religious freedom at all costs.
- Accept responsibility for our own actions.
- Respect our country, our flag and our national anthem.
- Defend our right to bear arms.
- Treat everyone with respect, even if we don’t agree with their beliefs, lifestyles, etc.
Thanks to Hillary, the definition of basket
case has a new meaning - and I'm proud to be one!