Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Welcome Carmen Stevens to "An Author Speaks"



Carmen Gross, pen name Carmen Stevens, was born in Fargo, ND, March 1992. She currently resides in Detroit Lakes, MN, where she is a recent college graduate and works part-time. Carmen published her novel "Anne" in July 2013-an exciting, richly-written historical work about a young English girl who makes many bad choices throughout her life and then struggles to find redemption.

What five words describe you?

Shy, kind, bubbly, sweet, and strong-willed. This is what others have said about me.

What are you working on at the minute? What is it about?

Right now, I'm simply working on promoting 'Anne'. I also recently graduated from college, so I've been trying to find a job in the Paralegal field, which is what I went to school for.

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?

I'm not sure about this one, I mean, it's hard to think of a well-known English actress to play my titular character. I do know that I would like English actors and actresses, since the story takes place in England. Probably not someone as well-known as others, but who is talented enough.

If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

None. I'm quite satisfied with my book.  :)

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Making sure your characters stay in character, and knowing which direction your story's plot is going.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writers block?

Read a different book, or occupy your mind with something else. Doing these things should get ideas in your head rolling again.

Where would your dream location be for writing?

I've wanted to live in South Dakota for quite a while, so maybe this state is my dream location. But writing and living in North Dakota or even a pretty place in Minnesota would be fine, too.

When creating characters, are they based on people in your life?

Yes, or at least Anne was. I formed this character from the dark side of my own personality. I wanted to make her as interesting a character as possible.

Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?

I do read my reviews, but I don't respond to them, good or bad. I actually could use some advice myself on how to better handle bad reviews. But I guess that authors shouldn't let these reviews get to them, and they should just keep chugging along and doing their best.

If you couldn't be a writer, what would you be?

Like I said, I went to college for a Paralegal degree, so I'd love to work in a type of legal career and write or promote my book(s) in my spare time.

What would you tell your younger self that would have helped you in your writing career?

Well, I kind of wish that I'd finished writing 'Anne' sooner, so I think I would tell my younger self to work harder and faster, and don't get sidetracked or distracted by anything.

Where can we buy your work?

'Anne' can be found on Amazon, Smashwords, Goodreads, Barnes & Noble, and other retailers. But here are a few of those links:

How can we keep up with you?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!