Thursday, August 13, 2015

Why I Do What I Do


“Shame on you.  How can you, after having an abortion yourself, participate in any efforts to stop others from doing the same?”
That was a question posed to me in the growing flurry of social media debates surrounding the atrocities exposed at Planned Parenthood. At least this one was civil … my posts sometimes evoke rambling expletives, name-calling and doubts about my mental stability (the last one always makes me chuckle because I sometimes have those same doubts – lol). 

It may appear hypocritical to speak out against abortion after having two myself, but it’s not.  It’s through my experience I hope to prevent others from making the same mistake.  As with the majority of post-abortive women, I used all the rhetoric provided by the pro-choice movement and Planned Parenthood to justify my actions.  I used a variety of self-destructive means to suppress my true feelings for many years. If it weren’t for the love and mercy of God, as well as attending post-abortive healing, I would more than likely be six feet under by now. 
Ezekiel 18:10-13, speaks of a man who defiles himself in sin, thus deserving death.  It is followed by Ezekiel 18:14,17:  “If, however, he begets a son who sees all the sins which his father has done, and considers but does not do likewise…he shall surely live.” 

In other words ... If those considering or encouraging abortion open their hearts and minds to those who have gone before them, they will avoid the spiritual and emotional death borne from shame and regret … and most importantly, the precious life in the womb will be spared.

4 comments:

  1. What a brave post. God bless you. I'm glad you were able to receive healing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Amen and Amen. ....Your testimony speaks volumes...Thanks for sharing. Blessings to you always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! Blessings to you as well.

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated!