Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Welcome J. Christopher Thompson to "An Author Speaks"!

 J. Christopher Thompson lives in Billings, Montana and loves the American Southwest.
When he isn't twisting plots or dreaming of new ways to torture his characters, he is a stay at home father, helping to raise twin boys and achieve his Education Degree. He is also a blade and exotic weapon enthusiast, and loves a good story no matter where he finds it. Lineage is his first published series.


 
 
 
What five words describe you? 

Calm, introspective, knowledgeable, quiet, kind

What are you working on at the minute? What is it about? 
 
I'm working on Book Two of the Lineage Saga. It's titled Lineage: the Wild Hunt. In order to protect his friends and loved ones, Connor Murray feels the need to distance himself from them. He goes to the United States, feeling a strange force drawing him there. What he does not know is the U.S. is the home of the exiled Wild Hunt. The Eldritch hunter fae who are led by the Erlking. They hunt Connor at the request of Mordred and Morgan le Fay.

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book? 

Honestly, while I have thought of actors while creating my characters, I'd want an unknown. Someone fresh to the scene.

If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why? 

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. The concept of a dystopian society that shuts out the vast problems of the real world by escaping into a virtual world! The story is not only wicked cool and great social commentary, but it came out just as virtual interfaces like the Oculus Rift were being developed. It was spooky.

What is the hardest thing about writing? 

Making time to write.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writers block?  

I clean house, or leave the house entirely; I put on inspirational music; I’ll start writing from a different characters perspective, or begin writing another story.

Where would your dream location be for writing? 

Anywhere I can be alone with my thoughts and able to write them down.

When creating characters, are they based on people in your life?  

Some are. None of the antagonists, thus far. Most of the protagonists.

Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad? 

I do read reviews, I don’t respond, yet.  Too busy. When I do read bad reviews, I try to maintain the attitude of a student. I do my best to learn what I can do better as a writer.

If you couldn't be a writer, what would you be? 

I'd be a teacher. I’m currently working on my Ed. degree. I want to teach History and English.

What would you tell your younger self that would have helped you in your writing career?

I’d have given myself a copy of Neil Gaiman’s 8 Rules for Writers and told him to adhere to it religiously.

Where can we purchase your work? 


 

I have a store on Big World Network’s site for my Paperback and ebook. Audio book will be on sale there soon: 

https://bigworldnetwork.com/site/store/lineage/

 
 
 
 
 
 
How can we keep up with you?
 
Here’s the social media blitz. I do my best to stay active on all sites. It’ll get better once I get cybernetic implants that allow me to update all social media instantaneously and simultaneously. . . . scratch that. It sounds dreadful. Here are my sites:

Website: http://bigworldnetwork.com/site/series/lineage/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/J-Christopher-Thompson/408835255850634?ref=hl
Twitter: @avalonacademyuk
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?=57822683&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile_pic
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/roandfinndaddy/
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/author/jchristopherthompson Goodreads:https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8442715.J_Christopher_Thompson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!