Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Perfection




Recently I submitted some work of mine for review. Chills went down my spine as flashbacks surfaced of the dreaded  "annual performance evaluation" I used to face while in the workforce.
The fear victims experience in my suspense series pales in comparison to the terror I felt sitting down in my manager's office as she shut the door.   I always fared extremely well in my performance evaluations and should have been ecstatic, BUT although 99% of the evaluation was positive I would invariably zero in on the 1%, beating myself up over it.  Why?  Because my name is Patti, and I'm a perfectionist.

Focusing on the 1% stripped every ounce of joy I had in what I was doing.  The joy morphed into fear and doubt.  Fortunately, later on in life, I had a manager who cared enough to knock me off that pedestal of perfectionism by pointing out the 1% did not represent failure, but an opportunity for growth.  Now, why didn't I think of that?  @#$%&!I'm doing it again!
 
Too many people miss the
silver lining because they're expecting gold.
 
--Maurice Setter 
 
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
 
 
 

2 comments:

Your comments are always appreciated!