Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Welcome Peggy Blann Phifer to "An Author Speaks"!


Peggy Blann Phifer retired from an executive assistant position after twenty-one years in the Electrical Wholesale industry. She came to writing later in life when a prayer she wrote appeared in a two-volume Guideposts Book compilation, 'Prayers for Every Need,' in 2000. She self-published her debut novel, 'To See the Sun,' which released in January 2012. Her writing has appeared in three anthologies in 2014 with Helping Hands Press, with a fourth coming up. A novel she just completed, 'Somehow, Christmas Will Come,' released in November 2014, from Elk Lake Publishing.  Widowed in October 2012, Peg now makes her home in northern Wisconsin in a home she bought together with her daughter and son-in-law. The three of them share the house with one dog, and one grand-dog. She converted a third of the house into a cozy 'apartment' where she spends most of her time writing. Peg has three children, six grandchildren, eleven great-grandchildren, and numerous other grand-dogs and great-grand-dogs. 
What five words describe you?

Tenacious, stubborn, creative, loner, reader

What are you working on at the minute? What is it about?

I'm currently working on Book 2 of my Desert Faith series, To Hear the Wind, about a middle-aged woman who comes face-to-face with her long-hidden past.

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character
from your most recent book?
 
Oh, gosh, I don’t know. She’s a twenty-something single gal, a redhead, compassionate, loving and caring. I didn’t envision anyone in particular while I wrote the book, and, since I don’t watch TV or go to movies, I don’t know any young actresses. Maybe a twenty-year-old Sandra Bullock?
If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it
have been and why?

Gone with the Wind because it’s about the Civil War, one of my favorite time period, from the South’s point of view. And because, Scarlett, though thoroughly selfish and self-centered, was a very strong woman.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Sitting at the keyboard and staying there!
Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?

I usually set it aside for a while and maybe work on another book, read a good novel in the genre I’m writing, or do something creative with my hands aside from writing.
Where would your dream location be for writing?

I’m a rather stay-at-home type person. So I’d just love to be able to write outside, on the deck, uninterrupted . . . and NO mosquitos.
When creating characters, are they based on people in your life?

Mostly, yes, including myself, though I try to change things and situations so no one is recognizable.

Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?

Yes, I do read them but I do not respond. I haven’t received any really bad reviews so far, but I think the important thing to do when there is one is read it objectively, if possible, consider the points made, and move on. Do not respond.

If you couldn't be a writer, what would you be?

At this stage in my life I can’t imagine not being a writer. However, I’d be an artist. I must always be doing something creative, and the art of painting appeals to me.

What would you tell your younger self that would have helped you
in your writing career?

Don’t wait fifty years to start!

Where can we buy your books?

They’re mostly on Amazon (Click for Books) with a few on Barnes and Noble (Click for Books). I’m working on setting up a page on my blog showcasing all my titles with buy links.












How can we keep up with you? Blog, Facebook, etc......

Facebook: www.facebook.com/pegphifer
Twitter: www.twitter.com/pegphifer (@pegphifer)
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/pegphifer


5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the interview with Peggy. I haven't read any of her books. I just bot the Sunrise In Sweetland complete series. It sounds like a really fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so honored to be a guest on your blog, Patti. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is all mine Peggy! Thanks for visiting me!!!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Ann! I hope you enjoy the series.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated!