Sunday, February 1, 2015

My Thoughts on Super Bowl Sunday




My husband, dad, uncle and I will all be glued to the television set watching the "Big Game" today, but it brings back bittersweet memories of last year, when the Seahawks beat the Broncos.  My mom was fading, but fully aware "our" Seahawks were in the Super Bowl.  She wasn't able to focus her eyes, and she drifted in and out but that didn't matter; we kept her updated. In the fourth quarter, she had fallen asleep again, but I woke her up and told her the final score.  She smiled and whispered, "Good", and drifted off again.  She passed away ten days later. 

As we near the anniversary of her death, we have all experienced a resurgence of grief. My brain assures me it is all part of the grief process, but that doesn't help my heart.  "This too shall pass," is something I tell myself over and over again, and it's true.  As time goes on, the pain will lessen, and the memories will bring joy, rather than sadness. 

One thing I know for sure ... when the Seahawks take the field today, my mom will have the best seat in the house!

I love and miss you, Mom. 

Go Seahawks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!