Friday, February 6, 2015

Gridiron Granny wins The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award!


 
 

I am happy to announce that my blog has won the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. I want to thank fellow author, Mary Ann Diorio for nominating my blog.  Herself a winner of the award, Mary Ann’s blog, http://maryanndiorio.com/ is well worth your following it.
 

To qualify for the award, I was asked to do four things:
 

1) Thank the person who nominated me. Thank you, Mary Ann!

2) Answer the 10 questions Mary Ann sent me (See below).

3) Nominate 10 other bloggers (See my list below).

4) Create 10 questions to ask my nominees (See below).
 
As part of the judging, I was required to answer the following questions:
 
1)     Why do you writeWriting for me is therapy.  I not only find it easier to express myself through the written word and it’s safer.  If I’m angry, I can spill it all out on my laptop then hit the “delete” button or channel it into a fictional character.  If I spill it verbally, it can’t be deleted.  I also write to inspire others to reach out to our loving and merciful God through prayer, meditation and personalized scripture. 
 
2)     What single most important thing do you hope your readers will take away from your writingRegardless what challenges you face, trust and faith in God will see you through.
 
3)     What is the first adjective that comes to your mind to describe your writing? Diverse

4)     What, in your opinion, is our culture's most urgent need? Our culture's moral compass is off-kilter.  God's word is being ignored and sinful acts are now considered socially acceptable, and in some cases, legal. Our culture needs leaders who refuse to be intimidated or influenced by a misguided minority that focuses on earthly treasures instead of God's.

5)     If you could start over again as a writer, what would you do differently? What would you do the same? If I could start over again I would summon up the courage to pursue being published earlier than the age of 60.  I would also immediately follow the advice of my friend and fellow author, Susan J. Reinhardt:  Have others read and critique your work before submitting.  As far as what I would do the same?  Well, I think the best thing I ever did was venture into a variety of genres.

6)     What is your greatest accomplishment as a writer? My greatest accomplishment is providing encouragement through my devotionals on forgiveness, caregiving, and healing spiritually from abortion, depression and addiction.

7)     Who has most influenced your writing? God is my biggest influence but at the earthly level, I would say Father Donald Calloway, MIC and James Patterson.

8)     Where do you see the publishing industry headed in the next five years? I see smaller and indie publishers making great strides in competing with established publishing houses. 

9)     What is the role of the writer who follows Christ? To use the God-given talents to enlighten, inspire, instruct and entertain and stay true to his/her faith in the process.

10)  What do you love most about the writing life? The support and encouragement received not only from my publisher, but fellow writers.  It’s a competitive world, which makes having so many talented and experienced writers offering guidance a great blessing!

Now, here are my nominees followed by my questions for them:


2) Raven Price, http://ravenhprice.com/
3) Anne Baxter Campbell, http://pewperspective.blogspot.com/
4) Joy Ross Davis, http://joyrossdavis.com/
5) Ruth L. Snyder, https://ruthlsnyder.wordpress.com/
6) Tracy Krauss, http://www.tracykraussexpressionexpress.com/
7) Sheila Lagrand, http://sheilalagrand.com
8) Kathi Macias,  http://kathimacias.com/category/easy-writer/
9) Amber Schamel, http://amberschamel.blogspot.com/
10) Jen Cudmore, http://www.jencudmore.com/


 MY QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES

1.  How old were you when you realized you wanted to be a writer?
2.  What was the very first story you wrote and what was it about?
3.  Who has provided you the most encouragement in your writing career?
4.  Many readers avoid reading works from unfamiliar or indie publishers, as well as self-   published authors.  What can we do to pull them into that undiscovered treasure?
5.  What do you think are the drawbacks of electronic readers?
6.  Which author has inspired you the most?
7.  What is the one thing you would stress when speaking to a group of young, up and coming writers?
8.   Do you think Christian fiction is becoming more mainstream?
9.  What can we, as Christian writers, do to increase readership in Christian fiction, especially for young adults?
10. What do you love most about writing?
 
   
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patti -

    I was reading through your questions and answers and did a double take. Thanks for the mention. :)

    Mary Ann also nominated me, but your answers were so good that I'm wondering what's left for me to say. Have a great weekend.

    God bless,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Susan!!!!! Blessings to you as well!

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated!