Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Monday, January 19, 2015

WELCOME SYLVIA FRANCES TO "AN AUTHOR SPEAKS"!

After facing much death in her life, Sylvia came face to face with Christ and was reborn.   The blessings Jesus has given her overwhelms her with joy each day.  She is married to the man of her dreams, has three furry children (a shih tzu and two cats), and recently graduated college with honors.  One of her careers, besides working as an author, is a newspaper journalist for her local town.  American Christian Fiction Writers and The Paranormal Romance Guild are two large writing organizations of which Sylvia is a proud member.  Sylvia's debut Christian romance novel will be released in January 2015.  


What five words describe you?

 Christian, wife, Coffee Addict, Author 

What are you working on at the minute?  What is it about?

My current work in progress is Immortal Memory:  Her Darkest Hour (Book Three)  Simra and Zach are married in Book Three, but Simra begins to see a difference in Zach's behavior.  She is haunted by Azazel and thinks he is returning to claim who he believes is his.  Simra.    

 Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character in your novel from your most recent book?
 
That's a great question!  I would ask Natalie Grant, Christian singer and actress to play Lucinda or Simra in Immortal Memory.  Not only is she my favorite Christian artist, but she looks like my two heroines in the book.  (Lucinda and Simra look alike). 

If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why? 

 I wouldn't know.  There's so many brilliant books out there I've read.  Some of them I'd read again!

What's the hardest thing about writing?

The hardest thing about writing to me is when I'm away from my computer and can't write or am busy doing something else.  I live for writing since it is my calling from God.  He gives me fresh new ideas every day, and it seems like so little time to write.  It's my passion, and I love everything about it, even my job writing as a journalist.   
Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer's block?

I haven't had much trouble with writer's block yet.  But I think if I did, I would look to God for inspiration.  He's my biggest inspiration, and He fuels my creativity.   

Where is your favorite place to write?

My favorite place to write is at my desk in my office at home.  I have pictures of my characters and scented candles setting on my desk, and it's quiet.  I also like to write when my husband is at work, and the house is quiet.  It's quiet with no distractions. But I'm always very eager to see him when he gets home at 5 p.m. each evening. 

Do you read your reviews?  Do you respond to them, good or bad?  Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?

I haven't had any book reviews just yet, but I always plan to respond to the reviews I have.  I see bad reviews as a way I can learn to improve my writing. I wouldn't take them personally.   And good reviews are always great.   

What advice would you give to your younger self?

Knowing what I know now, I would give my younger self a ton of advice.  Focus entirely on Christ.  What appears fun and appealing to the eye will actually lead to misery and pain.  Don't date anyone until I found my husband.  Spend more time with my grandparents.   And don't worry about ANYTHING! God's got absolutely everything under His control, and there is a reason for everything. 

Where can we buy your work?


My series Immortal Memory: Book One,  and Immortal Memory:  A Cursed Affair (Book Two), is available to buy on Amazon. Book One is at http://amzn.to/1Hl2zl0 and Book Two is at http://amzn.to/177Ltdn

 
 
 
 
 
 How can we keep up with you?  Blog, Facebook, etc?

There are three ways to keep up with me: 

My website:  www.sylviafrances.com
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sylvia-Frances 
Twitter:  Sylvia Frances@ SylviaFrances1 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!