Thursday, January 8, 2015

WELCOME RAVEN H. PRICE TO "AN AUTHOR SPEAKS"!




After thirty years of service Raven H. Price retired as a State of Georgia employee. Her plans now are to devote her time to writing, painting, and the church teaching Bible classes. The love for her Lord has motivated her to entertain others making His Word come to life while showing them His love.






What five words describe you?

Loyal, honest, happy, giver and zealous

 What are you working on at the minute? What is it about?

Book 3 of The Harvesting Machine Trilogy....THE COMMISSION. Father God is on the scene…putting super heroes to work gathering souls.
 
Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent books?

How did you know I was dreaming about my books coming to life on the big screen? THE PLAN - Rachel:  Katie Holmes and Jesus:  Jim Caviezel / THE CONVERSION -  Brent: Chris Hemsworth, Hope: Angie Harmon and the Holy Spirit’s voice: Tom Selleck / THE CHOSEN Gina:  Nikki Reed, Twins Wade/Wayne Polk:  Ina Somerhalder, Mamie:  Sherri Shepherd and Tom Selleck as the Holy Spirit’s voice.
 
If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it
have been and why?

Gone With the Wind.  I love this classic because I am from the south.  Plus, I can relate with Scarlett O’Hara’s spirit.  She is feisty, determined and underneath her bravado, she is a very caring person who did not brow beat people.  Scarlett accepted people for who they were on the inside not for what they tried to appear and she fought for anyone who stood alongside her; whether they were black or white.  I feel the same way.  I look at people's heart first expressed by their words and actions.  Gender, race, and beliefs really don't matter; it is how they treat me and my loved ones that determine my relationship.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Finding time to put my thoughts down and doing it grammatically correct.  I spend more time making sure I have proper sentence structure and punctuation than I do expressing my art.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?

Since I am a true believer in the power of prayer, I pray a lot.  I also go back to the basics and begin reading God’s Word.   Eventually, I get clues and ideas on how to make my work interesting. 

Where would your dream location be for writing?

 Outside on my deck.  It is very peaceful, plus I love nature.
 
Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?
 
I read my reviews …  I’m human.  If I see some that aren’t praiseworthy, I try not to judge.   Like I said, I’m human and get my feelings hurt or I become angry by people’s hard hearted opinions …  but I press on the only way I can, I give these hurts and angry feelings to God and I don’t entertain the nasty.  I do on the other hand; give thanks to everyone supporting me.

What would you tell your younger self that would have helped you in your
writing career?

No one is perfect.  Look to Jesus as that perfect need you seek….then you can accept mankind for who they are; people struggling with life just like you.

 Where can we buy your books?
 
They are available directly from my publisher.  https://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/search.php?search=Raven+Price

How can we keep up with you? Blog, Facebook, etc......

Website: http://www.ravenhprice.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!