Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Saturday, January 10, 2015

WELCOME MARY ANN DIORIO TO "AN AUTHOR SPEAKS"!



Dr. MaryAnn Diorio is a widely published, award-winning author and former Professor of Fiction Writing. Her riveting books explore the deepest issues of the human heart. Her latest work is a children’s picture book entitled Who Is Jesus? MaryAnn may be reached at maryann@maryanndiorio.com or via her website at www.maryanndiorio.com.





What five words describe you?
Positive, Perseverant, Determined, Focused, Compassionate

What are you working on at the minute?  What is it about?
I am working on the revisions for my soon-to-be-published historical novel entitled MARIA OF PISANO.  The novel is the first in the trilogy entitled THE ITALIAN CHRONICLES.  Here is the very short synopsis:

When a young, 19th-century Sicilian woman is raped by her parish priest and bears his son, she faces losing her fiancĂ©, her faith, and her fortune as she violates the village code of honor in order to save her child and her family’s farm.
Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the
lead character from your most recent book?

My most recent book is A CHRISTMAS HOMECOMING.  It is a novella about the power of forgiveness to set one free.  The main character is a middle-aged woman.  I am not an expert on actors and actresses, but as for what actress I’d like to see playing the lead role of the mother, I’d say Jane Seymour.  I very much enjoyed Ms. Seymour in the Dr. Quinn TV series.

If you could have been the original author of any book,
what would it have been and why?

On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman.  This is a beautiful, lyrical children’s picture book with a profound message.  In a day when the teaching of evolution undermines the value of each person, Tillman’s book instills into the tender hearts of young children the truth that each child is a unique and precious creation of immeasurable worth.
 
What is the hardest thing about writing?
 
For me, it is deciding what to write next.  :)  I have enough ideas to last ten lifetimes, LOL, so, whenever I’m ready to start a new project, I pray and ask Holy Spirit what He wants me to write.


Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?

I don’t believe in writer’s block.  I think that what is called writer’s block is actually the by-product of one of the following:  fear of failure, fear of success, procrastination, or insufficient knowledge about the writing craft or about the subject matter.  There are ways to overcome all of these. :)
 
Where is your favorite place to write?

 At the beach, with the ocean right in front of me.  Ah!!!!  I can feel the salt-laden breeze now!  :)

Do you read your reviews?  Do you respond to them, good or bad?
Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?
 
I sometimes read my reviews, but I am always grateful for those who take the time to write them.  I do not respond to reviews, but I often thank reviewers for taking valuable time out of their lives to read my books and then to comment on them.  As for bad reviews, I consider what was said and, if I think necessary, I apply the advice to future projects.  I never fret over bad reviews.  Each person is entitled to her own opinion. :)  All that matters to me is that I did my best in writing the story and trust that it will glorify God in some way.

What advice would you give to your younger self?

I would advise myself to venture into fiction-writing much sooner than I did.  It took me a while to discover that’s where my true passion lies.

Where can we buy your work?

You can buy my work at a few places:
 

---In my bookstore at http://www.maryanndiorio.com/bookstore. 

If you purchase any of my books through my webstore, I can autograph them for you.

 How can we keep up with you?  Blog, Facebook, etc…..

---Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/drmaryanndiorio
---Twitter at https://twitter.com/DrMaryAnnDiorio
---LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=45380421
---Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/drmaryanndiorio/
---Google+ at https://plus.google.com/101202289248083821690/posts
---Blog at www.maryanndiorio.com/blog

 
Thank you so very much, Patti, for having me on your blog!  (Note from Patti:  Thanks for being my guest!)

 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, Patti, for featuring me on your blog. I am most grateful.


    Blessings on you and your writing!

    MaryAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting MaryAnn! The pleasure was all mine!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for a great interview, Ladies! I tweeted this interview, as well as followed MaryAnn on everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to see MaryAnn here! Enjoyed learning more about her. Thanks for hosting, Patti!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated!