Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

WELCOME CARYL MCADOO TO "AN AUTHOR SPEAKS"!

Caryl, praying her story gives God glory, loves writing for Christian genres. In 2014, she debuted three novels: In November, A LITTLE THAN THE ANGELS, volume one of her new Biblical fiction series, The Generations, is her thirteenth title to be published. In September, HEARTS STOLEN (set in 1839-1844), book two of her historical Christian Texas Romances after VOW UNBROKEN (1832 setting) that debuted in March from Howard Books, a division of Simon and Schuster. She has an exciting 2015 planned with nine new releases! Three for her historical Texas Romances, three for The Generations Biblical fiction series, and three contemporary Texas Romances--all as God wills. For every good blessing - including 10 children (4 by birth, 6 by marriage) and 14 grandchildren - she gives God the glory. Caryl lives a country-life with Ron, her high school sweetheart husband of forty-six years and two grandsons, in the woods a few miles south of Clarksville, Red River County seat, located in far Northeast Texas.
 
What five words describe you?

Oh my, let’s see…ummm…Wait, I’ve got to pray…okay. Honest, loving, worker, smart, and creative.

What are you working on at the minute? What is it about?

I love sharing works in progress! Presently, I’m writing three novels. Book five, DAUGHTERS OF THE HEART, in the historical Christian Texas Romance series debuts September 1, 2015, God willing. It’s the story of Henry Buckmeyer’s three youngest daughters who are all reaching courting age.

Also TOKEN OF THE COVENANT, volume three of my new Biblical fiction series The Generations. It’s planned for release in July, 2015 and tells the story of Noah’s family on the ark and those early years after the waters subsided.


And lastly, AQUIRING A WIFE, a contemporary Christian Texas Romance that
I’m writing as my Thank You gift to all those who subscribe to my newsletter The
Caryler! I give away a free novel every quarter to let them know how much I
appreciate them. This story is fun because Ron, my high school sweetheart husband of forty-six years, and I love playing this game called Acquire, and I’m using that
game in the story! It’s for the third quarter gift.

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
 
Most recent book is Hope Reborn that debuted January 9th, and I’d like to choose Colin Farrell to play my hero, Henry Buckmeyer. He’s ruggedly handsome and looks like he could take care of about anything. J 

 
 
 
 
 
If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have
been and why?

Wow, Patti, your questions really make me think! I guess I’m going to go with Gone With The Wind. And why, because I love epics, that time period, and because I really want a movie deal. Plus, it’s still selling! Did you know Margaret Mitchell had named her heroine Pansey? She sure had a good editor who got her to change it to Scarlet, and her original title was Tomorrow’s Another Day.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

I don’t think it is hard, but if I have to say something is getting the scenes from brain onto the document. J I just jump in and start a story then enjoy getting to know the characters and seeing how their lives are going. So once it’s started, I think it’s mostly fun. I started to say marketing was the hardest part of writing, but I like that part, too.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?

Back up to where your characters were happy and went along easily, then let them show you the way. A block means I took them in a direction they didn’t want to go.

Where would your dream location be for writing?

I’ve always fantasized of a sweet cabin on the side of a mountain in Colorado. But I love Texas too much to leave and love living and writing right where I am in the woods a few miles south of Red River County’s seat, Clarksville. This is where God wants me, and I love it.

When creating characters, are they based on people in your life?

Oh yes, some, and some I make up, but they are composites of people I know. It’s the easiest way to make them all different and have different voices. I wrote a  book Lady Luck’s A Loser and there are eight women come together and reviewers bragged on how they had no problem keeping up with who’s who.

Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?

Yes, I do. Read them and respond. Sometimes I get behind, but I want to thank every single one who read my book then took the time to review it. I’m very blessed that all my titles get way more five star reviews than any other number of stars. I thank the one-star ones, too, especially if they offer critique. Like I didn’t think you were bona fide until you got a one star. But if someone’s just stopped by and rants and gives me one star for no discernible reason, I just don’t pay attention because I know they’re having a bad day, and who wouldn’t serving Satan like that? J

If you couldn't be a writer, what would you be?

If I got to choose, I’d be a singer! A Christian singer leading worshipers into the manifest presence of God. Woooo! That’s what I’d do, but God’s given me this awesome platform to write and touch people with my Words. He gives me new songs a lot, too, so maybe one day, I’ll get to sing and write for His glory!
 
What would you tell your younger self that would have helped you in
your writing career?

Write Christian books and only Christian books. Tell stories that give God glory!

Where can we buy your books?

Some can be found at Barnes and Noble or Mardel, but Amazon…well, you know. You can see them all here: http://tinyurl.com/CarylsAmazonPage
Hope Reborn, here: http://tinyurl.com/HopeReborn
Or http://www.amazon.com/Hope-Reborn-Caryl-McAdoo/dp/1502817047/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1419122237&sr=1-3

 How can we keep up with you? Blog, Facebook, etc......

Website       -         http://www.CarylMcAdoo.com
 
Facebook            http://www.facebook.com/CarylMcAdoo.author

Blog             -         http://www.CarylMcAdoo.blogspot.com

Newsletter -           http://carylmcadoo.com/sign-up-to-the-caryler/
                                   (Get FREE books for subscribing!)

Google+               https://plus.google.com/u/0/116386927782468472563/posts

Twitter         -         http://www.twitter.com/CarylMcAdoo

Pinterest      -         http://www.pinterest.com/gramilady/

6 comments:

  1. Hey Patti, wanted to stop by and thank you again for having me at GridIron Granny! :) I appreciate the opportunity to meet your readers :) Blessings from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caryl, it was definitely my pleasure! Blessings from Southern California!!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I love Caryl's books and really enjoyed the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Gridiron Granny! I've got two boys who play football. One at he professional level, and one at the college level. Glad to read my sweet friend Caryl's interview and meet you here. I love Caryl's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to meet you! Love getting to know football people! Where do your sons play?

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated!