Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Monday, January 12, 2015

No Shame in Sharing




January is the month Roe v Wade was passed. Throughout the month, many events are scheduled to acknowledge the sanctity of life and expose the lies perpetuated by pro-abort organizations by truthfully sharing personal stories of the devastation abortion brings. 

Along with my Silent No More Awareness sisters and brothers, I publicly share my abortion story and since going "public", I have been asked several times if I get embarrassed because my abortion experiences are interwoven with a past consumed by many ugly excesses.  As far as being ashamed and embarrassed … I was, because it's not something to be proud of, in fact, it's a miracle I survived.  It was God's miracle, God's plan. 

Through repentance and the forgiveness of God, I am no longer ashamed or embarrassed.  I consider those dark days a blessing.  What?  A blessing? Yep! As a caterpillar morphs into a beautiful butterfly, darkness miraculously transforms into light.  I pray my past is a source of hope to those suffering in silence and shame ... a testament of His endless love and mercy ... and I hope it will also prevent others from making the same mistakes and experiencing the same, or worse, consequences.

"We know that all things work for good for those who love God,
who are called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

 
My full testimony is included in "Moments with God" (Click on tab "Published Books") and a short version is available on the Silent No More Awareness page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!