Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Monday, December 29, 2014

WELCOME PEGGY ELLIOTT TO "AN AUTHOR SPEAKS"!

Dr. Peggy Elliott has overcome a childhood of physical, emotional and sexual abuse to become an anointed woman of God, who ministers wholeness as she brings forth the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

In 1984, she began Peggy Elliott Ministries, Inc. (formerly The Balm of Gilead), a ministry of prayer, healing and deliverance.  As a native of St. Paul, MN,she is well known for holding spirit-filled healing conferences and being used by God to set the captives free.  Elliott is a much sough-after conference speaker, and revivalist. 

Her primary gifting is being used by God as an equipper, coming alongside pastors to train church teams in deliverance ministry and altar worker training.  Elliott ministers on topics such as: Understanding and Breaking Free From Generational Curses, Spiritual Gifts In Action, Manifestation Gifts of the Holy Spirit, Altar Worker Training and Being Set Free from the After Affects of Abortion.

She preaches, teaches and equips out of a heart with great compassion, and with profound discernment and boldness, coming against the Enemy, in the name of Jesus Christ.  Dr. Elliott currently resides in Wichita, Kansas, where she has organized monthly citywide prayer meetings and pro-life/anti-abortion conferences, twice bringing in Dr. Alveda King, niece of the late Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. as keynote speaker.

What five words describe you?

Minister, equipper and author, specializing in healing/deliverance and pro-life ministry with a special outreach to African Americans.

What are you working on at the minute? What is it about?

I am currently working on putting all of my ministry training courses online, as well as marketing my newest book, Understanding and Breaking Free From Generational Curses: Healing Through Deliverance Ministry. This book is for family members who are tired of seeing their family struggle with the same sin generation after generation and for Pastors/Ministers who counsel individuals, yet without seeing them delivered from their spiritual, financial and emotional problems. The book outlines, what deliverance ministry is, how to be set free and how to walk out your deliverance.

When I complete these projects, I will begin a project titled, 'De-Constructing the Mind Set of an Ex-Offender and one titled, Forgiven:  Healing From Having Had an Abortion.  I usually work on two projects at the same time.  It keeps me interested in writing.
 
 Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?

I would like to see Erica of the Mary Mary fame play the lead character if this book became a movie.

 If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have
been and why?

If I could have been the author of any book, it would have been any book of the Bible.  I wish I could have been one of those chosen by God to write one of His gospels.

 What is the hardest thing about writing?

The hardest thing about writing for me is becoming disciplined in doing so, never to miss a day writing something until the project is complete.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?

One tip I have to get through the writer’s block is to carry a miniature size cassette recorder or recorder on your phone.  Whenever the spirit hits you to write, you will have access to a way to record and not lose your thoughts.

 Where would your dream location be for writing?

I believe each individual must find the place that works best for them.  I have three locations that work for me:  Across my king-size bed, in the powder room and in a restaurant called Panera. I need some kind of stimulation. Where I write depends on my mood, the climate and how much gas I have in my car.

Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?

As of yet, I have not received any reviews.  I would respond if and when I receive them. The negative ones are as important as the others, if they are written from the heart, and are not written just to be mean.  I can tell the difference from the two.

What would you tell your younger self that would have helped you in
your writing career?

Advice to my younger self would be not to procrastinate.  Get moving on whatever project you have once the window of opportunity opens.  If you do not walk through it then, someone else will.

Where can we buy your books?

I have 6 books that can be purchased on my website www.drpeggylelliott.com and two are on Amazon, the Freemasonry book and How to Heal the Broken Hearts of African Americans.

How can we keep up with you? Blog, Facebook, etc......
 
 
You can keep up with me by liking my FB page, https://www.facebook.com/elliottministries, by signing up for my weekly newsletter on my website, www.drpeggylelliott.com, which includes my blog, Chat with Peggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!