Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Monday, December 15, 2014

WELCOME JOHANNA ANDREWS TO "AN AUTHOR SPEAKS"!


I grew up in Austin, TX and moved to Florida when I was 19. I am a graduate of Florida State University with a Bachelor's and Master's in Social Work.  I am married with a 3 year old son, and we are expecting our second child in March.  I have been a follower of Christ on and off my whole life. I found my own faith when I was 24 years old. It was then that I realized the value and necessity for God in my life. I can truly say that everything I have today has come directly from him. Although the journey isn't always easy it is the only one I wish to take for the rest of my life. My husband and I consider ourselves saved and look forward to having opportunities to help others. I wrote my book; The Commitment as a way to spread a message that I feel is crucial to a walk with God. I struggled on my own to find God in my twenties and wished I had a tool such as The Commitment to guide me. I am inspired to hear from my readers of all walks of life and hope that in some way I have affected them through the message that God has allowed me to share. I also work as a mental health therapist serving a population that is in need of both mental health services and God.  I hope to continue my writing as God will continue to anoint me with messages that I would be able to share along with my experience. I welcome contact with readers of my book or fans, and love to hear their stories of faith.  I continue to remind myself that my whole life is not about me, but rather about what God would do through me in order to strengthen his kingdom here on earth. 

 
Five words that describe you:

Christian, passionate, service/ minded, determined, faithful

 What are you working on at the moment? What is it about?

I am making notes daily and journaling for my second book that will be a sequel to my current book; The Commitment. The second book is still taking form. I don't limit myself with topics but rely on my faith and personal growth to develop concepts that would be beneficial to the reader no matter where they are in their faith. My writing appears to continue to be faith based and focused on the reader finding God and their own journey through my testimony, scripture, and knowledge of God.

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent books?

Since The Commitment is based on faith, I think it would best be played out by someone who has some faith in real life as well as on screen. It is hard for me to give a name since I am unfamiliar with Christian actors and actresses. However, I think it would depict the true meaning with a Christian on screen.

If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

I am a big fan of authors such as Joyce Meyer, Rick Warren, and John Maxwell. I have grown in my faith as a result of reading their work. I am not sure if I would want to be the author of any other book besides the one I wrote and the future books I would write. My writing was guided by my faith and an act of obedience by God. I have never looked at someone else's work and thought; "I wish I could have written that." I would look at someone else's work and be inspired to create my own message.  

What is the hardest thing about writing?

For me, the hardest thing about writing is wondering if my material is good enough. There are so many amazing authors it is hard not to compare yourself. The other hard thing about writing is when you can't seem to get your ideas flowing and have hit a barrier.  Usually reading someone else's material or doing something passionate helps to breath new life into my ideas and concepts.

Any tips of how to get through the dreaded writer's block?

I don't think there is any easy way to get through this.  I have found that putting my work down and praying, taking breaks, and journaling have helped to get through this.

Where is your favorite place to write?

Anywhere! I keep my notebook with me and often times I find that ideas will come to me at random. In the car, shower, in church, a store. I try to make my notes as soon as I have an idea so that I don't lose it.

Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them good or bad? do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?

Absolutely I read my reviews.  I have been very luck and have had mostly good reviews.  I think that the best thing to do with a bad review is to accept it and maybe even ask the critic what you could do to improve next time. Although that is hard, it often softens people and gives you a chance to learn something if you can get through any negativity.  

What advice would you give to yourself?

I would tell myself to do what God asks me to do, stop when God asks me to stop, and move forward when He calls me to move forward. Live with passion and keep him at the center of every part of your life.  Keep writing if He calls you to write because it is usually for a purpose no matter how big or small.

Where can we buy your book?
 

The Commitment can be purchased at:

Authorhouse.com
Goodreads.com
Amazon.com
Barnesandnoble.com

Any other retailer of major books




 How can we keep up with you?

You can follow me at the following sites:

Facebook page: The Commitment
Twitter: @JohannaMAndrews
Goodreads:  Johanna Andrews / The Commitment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!