Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Welcome Dixie Diamanti to "An Author Speaks!"

As a Certified Life Coach, author, speaker, and teacher, Dixie has reached out to women and men, nationally and internationally, for many years, leading them to freedom and healing.  She believes that every child of God has a distinct calling, and through her work, she assists and coaches women and men in finding their unique purpose in life and how to not let their past dictate their future.   Dixie’s passion is to see people discover how precious and valuable they are to God, and she loves to encourage and challenge them in uncovering and making use of God’s hidden treasures within themselves. Dixie is a wife, mom, and nana to a large and wonderful family on the Central Coast of California.  She has discovered that God had actually been preparing her, through many years of adversity, for stepping into a new and exciting adventure with Him.  In Dixie’s first book, Climbing Out of the Box: My Journey Out of Sexual and Spiritual Abuse Into Freedom and Healing, she shares the extent of the pain and devastation she has walked through, to eventually find her destiny and true calling.  It was in her most troubled times that she found a relationship with Jesus that far exceeded anything she had ever experienced before.   In this book, let Dixie show you how to find this relationship for yourself.


What five words describe you?

Honest-Vulnerable-Transparent-Loyal-Sincere

What are you working on at the minute? What is it about?

At the moment I have just published my 2nd book, 50 Ways to Meet Your Lover, An Invitation Into a Captivating Walk of Intimacy With Jesus the Lover of Your Heart and Soul.   I am self published, so marketing my book is taking up a lot of time right now.   I am also a podcaster so also working on material for my next podcast, Living From the Heart, Coaching Tips With Dixie.  And I am a Life Purpose Coach so I always have clients I am working with.

In the book  I  invite you to join me in a closer, more intimate walk with Jesus, and I give you many tools to accomplish this pursuit of a closer walk for yourself.  I believe we were created for relationship with a very real and personable God, though His Son Jesus.   In my own journeys I have found the more I pursue Him the more He reveals Himself.  All of my observations and suggestions come directly from my own experiences – positive, negative, and confusing – and all are offered to the reader with respect and love.  I share my vulnerability with the reader.  You’ll be moved to tears by some of my experiences, and will embrace the lessons I have learned along my own life journey.  You’ll be caught up in my humor as I relate my many stumbles and falls (literally and figuratively), and you’ll laugh with me.  Most of these chapters are based on the blogs I has been writing for several years.  You will find I write the way I speak, to friends and strangers alike, with courage, openness, laughter, and poignancy.  This book will inspire you to new ways of thinking, and motivate you to new steps in your own journey with God.   Read it cover-to-cover or use it as a devotional. 

 Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
Since the book is a type of devotional of me sharing my daily walk with Jesus  and each chapter is a story within itself, I guess the lead character is Jesus.   I absolutely can't see anyone else playing Him but Him, although I thought Jim Caviezel did a wonderful job paying Jesus in the Passion of Christ movie.  So I would choose Him.  And who would play me?  Maybe Angelina Jolie?  I'm laughing now.
 
If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

Oh, wow, that is a hard one.  There is a little book that changed my life called, He Loves Me, by Wayne Jacobson.   So, that would be the one, even though I am an avid reader and have read multitudes of books.

 What is the hardest thing about writing?

Writing isn't hard for me.  I actually find that it is a real outlet for my soul.   The hardest part perhaps would be getting my thoughts un-jumbled so the story makes sense and makes the reader want to find out the outcome.

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?

Don't be so hard on yourself and take time out to enjoy the beauty of nature.  Empty your brain there in the outdoors and let your thoughts flow.  It will come back to you.  Sometimes we get in too much of a hurry.  God says to "be still and know I am God"....

 Where would your dream location be for writing?

It is a toss-up between an ocean retreat and a beautiful mountain cabin overlooking the high sierras somewhere; absolute quiet except for nature sounds and breezes blowing over me.  Maybe a waterfall nearby because the sound of water refreshes my soul.  And birds!  There must be birds.

When creating characters, are they based on people in your life?

 I haven't attempted fiction yet.  My first book is a memoir of my crazy life, Climbing Out of the Box, My Journey Out of Sexual and Spiritual Abuse Into Freedom and Healing.  And the 2nd one we have already mentioned is a devotional.  However, if I were to write fiction I know for sure my characters would take on the form of people in my life at one time or the other.
 
Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?

I do and get excited every time I read one.  So far they have all been good so I haven't crossed the bridge to the bad reviews yet, thank God.   I know it's coming though, the more my book sales climb.  I probably will do a lot of self talk making myself focus on the good ones over the bad one.  I know I can't be liked by everyone and I know there are many who won't agree with my observations and survival skills.

 If you couldn't be a writer, what would you be?

I would still be a Life Purpose Coach.  It is the most rewarding work I have ever done....to see a life change before my eyes, and it be a lasting change, is so rewarding.  You should read the success stories from my web page to see for yourself.  Here is the page: http://www.reflectionsofgracehome.com/#!success-stories/c24vq

 What would you tell your younger self that would have helped you in your writing career?

 I would say, "Dixie, you have no idea of your giftings and callings because they are buried under a cloak of low self esteem and many masks of denial.  Allow God to open your eyes and see yourself outside of the sexual and spiritual abuse you have suffered for many years and look at the real YOU, the one that God always intended you to be.  Be adventurous and take a risk enough to believe in yourself and what God can accomplish through you. Do not let the past dictate your future.  Rise up precious daughter and be all you were created to be."

Where can we buy your books?  Amazon!


How can we keep up with you? Blog, Facebook, etc......

Blog site:  http://reflectionsofgracehome.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/dixiesbooks
 
 
Also you can find me on Twitter and LinkedIn

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this opportunity Patti.....my newest book is also now on sale here: http://www.amazon.com/Ways-Meet-Your-Lover-Captivating/dp/1499778074/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-1&keywords=50+ways+to+meet+your+lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I'll make sure to check out your new release!

      Delete
  2. Great to see you over here, my friend. God is helping you throw your net wide and those who are hurting will be caught up in your beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated!