Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Welcome Deborah L. Gladwell to "An Author Speaks"!

Author Deborah L. Gladwell’s, first book The Adventures of Shy Spy Time Traveler was released by Tate Publishing on January 29, 2014. Deborah is a Sunday school teacher at a small country church located in Huttonsville, WV. As a Sunday school teacher she was inspired to write Christian story lessons for her Sunday school class. Deborah uses a combination of mystery, humor and suspense that keeps the young reader riveted to the story as she teaches about the bible and biblical principles. Deborah is from the small town of Downsville, NY, located in the Catskill Mountains. As a child she lived in many different places in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut and West Virginia before moving to Huttonsville, WV in 1976. Her roots are deeply planted in West Virginia and she considers Huttonsville to be home. Deborah is a 1972 graduate of Lewis County High School-Weston, WV. She is the wife of Kenneth Gladwell and the proud mother of two grown sons, Kevin Gladwell of Fairmont and Eric Gladwell of Huttonsville.
 

What five words describe you?
 
Christian, upbeat, loving, caring, hardworking 
 
What are you working on at the minute? What is it about?   
 
I am currently working on a sequel to my current book, “The Adventures of Shy Spy Time Traveler”. It is a continuation of Moses life after the parting of the Red Sea.  It will include manna from heaven, the Ten Commandments, the golden calf, why the Hebrews were made to wander for forty years, and why Moses was not allowed to enter the Promise Land.  It also will include all the same adorable dog characters along with their new and humorous antics.  
 
Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead
character from your most recent book?   
 
Since my main character is a dog it would be an animated movie.  So I would go with Eddy Murphy, only because he has a wonderful animated voice. 
 
If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it
have been and why?   
 
If I could have been the original author of any book, I would pick Heidi.  It was my favorite book as a child and I must have read it a hundred times.  I exaggerated a little, but I read it many times. 
 
What is the hardest thing about writing?   
 
The hardest thing about writing for me is to explain something complicated in a simple manner and yet keep my readers interest.  Sometimes I find myself rambling. 
 
Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?   
 
I have not experienced writer’s block yet.  I only have one published book.  Maybe a solution would be the way I wrote this book; one chapter a week.  
 
Where would your dream location be for writing?   
 
My dream location to write would be at a beautiful log cabin beside a mountain lake. 
 
When creating characters, are they based on people in your life?   
 
My characters are not based on any one person, but a combination of people.  For instance over the years I’ve picked up all kinds of funny remarks my husband, parents, grandparents and children have made.  I incorporated some of these sayings, but the characters aren’t really based on them. 
 
Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?  
 
I would love to read reviews; however; so far I have only one.  A bad one would hurt, but everyone is allowed their own opinion. I probably would not reply back because more than likely it would reflect badly on me.  Sometimes it is better to just to ignore. 
 
If you couldn't be a writer, what would you be?  
 
 What I am now, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister.  I love my life as me. 
 
What would you tell your younger self that would have helped you in  
your writing career?  
 
 I would tell my younger self to pay more attention to my English teachers. 
 
Where can we buy your books?   
 
 
 
I also found that people from other countries can also order through Amazon. 
 
How can we keep up with you? Blog, Facebook, etc. 
 
I have a webpage :  http://debgladwell.tateauthor.com  and of course a Facebook page www.facebook.com/deborah.L.gladwell 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!