Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Welcome Christine Tate to "An Author Speaks!"

 

Christine Tate, a navy wife and homeschooling mother, is stationed with her family in Virginia Beach, VA.  She is the author of “The No-Homework Women’s Bible Study:  Group Hug” series and has been a Sunday School teacher for many years.
 





 

What five words describe you?
 
Outgoing, creative, resilient, independent, and reliable.

 What are you working on at the minute? What is it about?

 At the moment, I'm doing real-world test groups on future Bible study books that will be added to the Group Hug series.  After I finish working with the focus groups, I plan to further expand the series and create a Bible study workbook for middle schoolers.  I also have plans to branch out into Christian children's fiction with a story about a tablet named Maria who travels throughout the United States learning all about our country from a Christian perspective.
 
Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead
character from your most recent book?

Since my books are currently non-fiction, I'll say that if a biography was made chronicling the circumstances of the series' evolution, I'd pick Roma Downey.
 
If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

Parenting by the Book by John Rosemond is such a wonderfully practical handbook for Christian parenting.  I have such respect for him as an author with his no-nonsense presentation and practical advice.

What is the hardest thing about writing?

Having enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I want to do!

 Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block?

Walk away.  Literally.  If something is not working, forget about it and do something else.  Distraction allows the subconscious mind to process whatever you have encountered and the other activity may provide inspiration when you least expect it.

Where would your dream location be for writing?

Waikiki beach in Honolulu, HI.  When we were stationed at Pearl Harbor, I fell in love with the island.  It was an incredible time in our life with gorgeous beaches and vistas everywhere you turn.

 When creating characters, are they based on people in your life?

As a non-fiction writer, I wouldn't say that I base characters on people in my life so much as I look at people around me and get ideas for the issues they are dealing with on a daily basis.  Truth is always stranger than fiction.

Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?

 Always!  But as a rule, I usually don't respond to them.  It's always fun to read the good ones, but inevitably there will be someone who doesn't like something you have written.  When that happens, remind yourself that not everyone is looking for the same thing and what appeals to one person may not appeal to another.  God has blessed me with many great reviews, but when I do get the occasional dissenter, I see it as an opportunity to allow the negative reviews to provide balance to the good reviews. 

If you couldn't be a writer, what would you be?

The wife and mother that I already am.

What would you tell your younger self that would have helped you in your writing career?

Write about what you enjoy.  How do you spend your time?  What types of books/magazines/literature do you read for fun?  Finding the answers to these questions helps narrow down your focus so you can find the path you were meant to take.

Where can we buy your books?

My books are available through my website or Amazon.

 How can we keep up with you? Blog, Facebook, etc......

Readers can keep up with new releases and upcoming releases through my website at http://christinetate.webstarts.com.  I also have a blog at http://christinetate.wordpress.com where readers can stay up-to-date on various topics of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!