Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Agony in Defeat



The end of Fantasy Football Season has finally arrived and I am thrilled it's over.  WHAT????!!!!  I know --  you're probably crying out, "Say it ain't so, Gridiron Granny, you should be bemoaning the end and beginning fantasy withdrawal!" Well folks, I'm sorry, but it's true ... in fact, I actually wanted the season to end a couple of months ago! 

In seasons past, I wrote several posts on my fantasy team but this year was agonizing to say the least.  I had such high expectations ... the draft gifted me with some extraordinary players.  I trash-talked my opponents (including my husband) and gloated over my destiny of becoming a three-time champion in the league.  How was I to know one player was going to be suspended for three games due to drug use?  How was I to know two players were going to be arrested and suspended for the season? And let's not forget about poor Danny Woodhead who broke his leg!  These four players were the cream of the crop and my ticket to victory ... and they let me down.  How dare they?  I know they did it on purpose, just to humiliate me.  It's bad enough I hovered in 12th Place (out of 12 teams) for weeks on end, but losing two games to my husband was the most excruciating experience of all.  If there was ever time for marriage counseling ...  Fortunately, I was able to save a little pride by winning a couple of games and move up to 10th place (whoopee). 

God uses all means, including fantasy football, to address something in life that needs fine-tuning ... and looking back at the beginning of the season, I know exactly what it was in my case. 

No need to explain - it's all in Philippians 2:1-10
    
          "... Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others..."

It's time to pull up my big girl panties, move forward and remember to enter the next season with humility ... unless I get an awesome team ... it IS football after all!   (Just kidding?)


2014 FANTASY SEASON
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!