Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

A YEAR IN REVIEW

 



The road of life is full of peaks and valleys.  2014 was, by far, the most tempestuous for me, as well as the most illuminating in the three most significant parts of my life … faith, family and friendships.

FAITH
 
Do not fear:  I am with you; do not be anxious:  I am your God.  I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. (Isaiah 41:10).

I am a devoted Christian but sometimes fail when it comes to trusting Him.  This year proved to be one that required a great deal of “turning it over”, which brought resistance.  Lesson learned:  If you reclaim the stones of struggle left at the foot of the cross, they become heavier.

 FAMILY
 
 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain, for the old order has passed away. (Revelation 2:14)
  
My beautiful mother passed away in February after suffering from dementia and cancer.  God blessed me with the opportunity to be a caregiver for her last two years and be with her as she took her last breath.  Although she is no longer here physically, I feel her presence every day.  Lesson learned:  The love between a mother and daughter is something that stays in the heart and cannot be erased by death. 

…bearing with one another and forgiving one another, if one has a grievance against another; as the Lord has forgiven you, so must you also do. (Colossians 3:13)
 
No one is immune to family dysfunction and having family members who, for reasons unknown, cause upheaval through dishonest and spiteful actions.  There are also times when we are the ones causing the upheaval.  Lesson (s) learned:  (1) You have no control over the actions of others, only yourself.  (2) Take responsibility for your failings, ask for forgiveness. (3) Forgive others and leave judgment of their actions to God.

 FRIENDSHIP

If the one falls, the other will help the fallen one. But woe to the solitary person! If that one should fall, there is no other to help.  (Ecclesiastes 4:10)

They say you’ll realize who your friends are when you are down, and this year was an eye-opener.  Sadly, in a few instances I was disappointed; however, for the most part, I felt truly blessed.  Although I have lost a few friends, new ones have entered my life. Lesson(s) learned: (1) God know who you need in your life and who needs you.  (2) Do not stress over those who let go … cherish those who held on.  
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Through the ups and downs of 2014, I realized I'm stronger than I thought, I once again had to accept the fact I'm not perfect (progress not perfection) and even though it doesn't seem like it, blessings far outweighed the struggles.

The biggest blessing this year:  Not only did I receive God's unconditional love, comfort and forgiveness, I received it from my husband as well.  Michael is not only the love of my life but my rock. 

I was also blessed with encouragement from my publisher and author-friends and healing moments with my Rachel's Hope family and Silent No More sisters and brothers.

Prayer for 2015
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. As I long back on this past year, I realize how blessed I am. I have a job that I love in my church office that allows me to still work and be stress free on my job. I have wonderful friends and family to spend time with. As someone who is a big reader, it has been a wonderful year of discovering some wonderful books and having the opportunity to be able to get to know some wonderful authors on a more personal level. I also thank God that for those times I fall short His mercies and grace are new every morning. Wishing you a wonderful and blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So blessed to have connected with you Ann!!! Wishing you a blessed New Year too!

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated!