Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

RESPECTING DIFFERENCES



Today is one of those "venting" days ... fair warning!

It never ceases to amaze me that some people are not willing to appreciate or respect differences.  I've been "unfriended" on Facebook and within my off-line circle of friends, plus called some not-so-attractive names due to my religious and political beliefs. 

I am conservative, Catholic and quite vocal on several issues. Yes, there are times, when debating, my thoughts have been downright acrimonious. I've had to bite my tongue (ahem ... and take it to the confessional), but I do my best to be respectful and diplomatic while listening and responding to contrary points of view. Even when views go against all my beliefs, it serves no purpose to be uncharitable. Setting an example of kindness and decency is the only way to open eyes and hearts.

We all have the right to our beliefs and the right to voice our opinions; however, it should not give us license to be cruel or hateful.  It is not the Christian way. 

 
Why then do you judge your brother?  Or you, why do you look down on your brother? 
For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written: 
"As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bend before me, and every tongue shall give praise to God." 
So, then each of us shall give an account of himself to God.  Then let us no longer judge one another,
but rather resolve never to put a stumbling block or hindrence in the way of a brother. 
Romans 14:10-13 (New American Bible, revised edition)
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!