Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Friday, November 7, 2014

My Guest Today is Sandy Sieber! Drop in and say hi!



Sandy Sieber has been an educator for forty years in the homeschooling world as well in the public school sector.  She has a Master's Degree from Bloomsburg State and has been designing curriculum for many years for her own children.
Now she has begun to publish her research and ideas so others can benefit from them.







What five words describe you? 

Believer, serious, determined, multi-tasker, petite 

 What are you working on at the minute? What is it about? 

Currently I am finishing up a book about famous Pennsylvanians including William Penn, Ben Franklin, Richard Allen, Lucretia Mott, John Roebling, Winfield Scott Hancock, Thomas Read, and Jimmy Stewart.  

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book? 

I would enjoying seeing Nicolas Cage posing as Frank Piasecki flying his newly built helicopter over the streets of mid-1900s Philadelphia. 
  
If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been 
and why?

I wish I had written Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey because it is my favorite children’s book and is still selling in stores, 73 years after it was first published. Another reason I like it is because I once hatched Mallard ducks that I named Jack, Kack, Lack, Mack, Nack, Pack, and Quack.  

What is the hardest thing about writing? 

The hardest thing for me is to carve out time for writing in my schedule.   

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writer’s block? 

For me the best thing to do is to just start writing about anything and go from there to what I should be writing about.  

Where would your dream location be for writing? 

I would love a cozy one room cottage in the woods with lots of windows, a feeding station for animals, and regular knocks on the door from those delivering my meals.   

When creating characters, are they based on people in your life? 

Since I write historical nonfiction, I base my books on real people from the past.  

Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad? 

I forgot to look to see if I have any! Usually, I try to say nothing when criticized.  

If you couldn't be a writer, what would you be? 

If I were starting over in life, I would seriously consider being an art teacher if I couldn’t be a writer.   

What would you tell your younger self that would have helped you in your writing career?

“Younger self, get a degree in English instead of elementary education.” 

 Where can we buy your books? 

My Kindle versions and paperbacks are on Amazon. For the workbook size and my make-your-own game book, you have to contact me through my website.

 How can we keep up with you? Blog, Facebook, etc......

Blog: pahistorybooks.blogspot.com
Facebook: Sandy Sieber 
Twitter: SandySieber@SandySieber2

4 comments:

  1. It's nice to learn more about Sandy. Thanks for sharing, Sandy! Thanks for hosting, Patti! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice answers. It's surprising how you can learn a lot about someone by their answers to a few questions. Nice job, Patti and Sandi!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated!