Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Why God created fantasy football.....





Expectations breed resentments, and boy do I have resentments! Expectations were high for my fantasy football team (notice I said, "were"), and even though the season just started, it's already looking like my teeth will be ground down to gum level and my fingernails minus the white tips. When I see one of my players writhing in pain, I should be concerned, but do you know what I say (actually what I yell)? "It's only your knee, shake it off, get back on the field."

I firmly believe God created fantasy football to remind me I have no control over people, places or things and my heart should always be open to love, compassion and forgiveness ... I just don't know why He can't use my opponent's team as the reminder instead of mine once in awhile.

Ephesians 4:32 says, “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.”



P.S.  A shout-out to Skye, who we met last night at Harrah's.  
Your sweet comments about my blog made my night!!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!