Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Monday, September 8, 2014

HAVE A SEAT: TAMERA LYNN KRAFT!

Tamera Lynn Kraft has always loved adventures. She loves to write historical fiction because there are so many stories in history. She has two novellas published, Soldier’s Heart through Helping Hands Press and A Christmas Promise through Pelican Book Group. Tamera has recently celebrated her thirty-fifth anniversary with her loving husband. She has two grown and married children and two grandchildren.
Tamera has been a children’s pastor for over 20 years. She is the leader of a ministry called Revival Fire For Kids where she mentors other children’s leaders, teaches workshops, and is a children’s ministry consultant and children’s evangelist. She has curriculum published and is a recipient of the 2007 National Children’s Leaders Association Shepherd’s Cup for lifetime achievement in children’s ministry.


Soldier’s Heart:
Noah Andrews, a soldier with the Ohio Seventh Regiment can’t wait to get home now that his three year enlistment is coming to an end. He plans to start a new life with his young wife.
Molly was only sixteen when she married her hero husband. She prayed every day for him to return home safe and take over the burden of running a farm. But they can’t keep the war from following Noah home. Can they build a life together when his soldier’s heart comes between them?
    What inspired you to become a writer?

    I always wanted to be a writer. I remember writing my first novel when 
    I was 10 years old. It was awful.

    Which of of your books do you consider your “pride and joy”. Why?
    I would have to say the first full length novel in my Civil War series, Red Sky Over America. It has so many nuances to it with a lot of symbolism that I didn’t intend but decided to go with once I realized they were there. It also has a theme of standing strong in the face of evil which is one of my three favorite themes for a novel.
    Do you have any preparation rituals before you begin to write?
Yes, I grab a large glass of water, close my office door, and turn on instrumental music that goes with what I’m writing.
    If you had to come up with a book title to describe your life, what would it be?
It would be Work in Progress because as I’ve strived to follow
 Christ, my life has been a work in progress.
    If you had a chance to have dinner with any author who would it be?
Wow, that’s a hard one. I have had lunch or dinner with a number of author including Carole Brown, Mary Ellis, Michelle Levigne, Mary Connealy, and Kaye Dacus, among others, and I’ve enjoyed talking about writing with them. I guess it would be Julie Lessman. I’ve become an online friend with her, and I think she would be a lot of fun.
    We all have family, work and other obligations...how do you maintain balance while in the middle of a writing project?
My children are grown which helps. I usually tell my family not to bother me before 2:00 pm when I’m writing unless it’s an emergency, and I stick to a strict schedule.
    What is the one piece of advice you received about writing that
    helped you the most?
Mary Connealy told me how she kept writing books before she was published. She didn’t stop with one book or even two. She kept plugging away. When she finally was published, they asked if she had anything else. She had a large stash of novels ready to go.
    Where can we purchase your books and how can we keep up with you?
You can contact me online at these sites.

Word Sharpeners Blog: http://tameralynnkraft.com
Twitter: @tamerakraft
    Last, but not least.....What and when is your next release? Provide a brief synopsis....
I don’t have a book about to be released. I have a couple of novels with full reads at publishers now but am still waiting to hear about them.

I do have a Christmas novella that was released in November. Here’s a blurb about it:

A Christmas Promise
By Tamera Lynn Kraft

A Moravian Holiday Story, Circa 1773

During colonial times, John and Anna settle in an Ohio village to become Moravian missionaries to the Lenape. When John is called away two days before Christmas to help at another settlement, he promises he’ll be back by Christmas Day.
When he doesn’t show up, Anna works hard to not fear the worst while she provides her children with a traditional Moravian Christmas.
Through it all, she discovers a Christmas promise that will give her the peace she craves.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!