Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

HAVE A SEAT: JARROD L. EDGE!

Jarrod L. Edge was born on December 21, 1967 in North Carolina, not too far from Cascade, Virginia, where he spent many summers with his close relatives.  He grew up in Clinton, Maryland where he and his brother, James, lived with his mother Carrie and his father Thomas. Jarrod joined the United States Navy after high school and served onboard the USS Forrestal as part of Light Attack Squadron Thirty Seven, the VA 37 Bulls.  During his time in the military, Jarrod was blessed to travel around the world and visit countries such as Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom. As the world of information technology started to take off, Jarrod decided to take off with it.  As a Microsoft Certified Developer, he traveled the world contracting and teaching programming to businesses around the globe.  Once again he was blessed to travel across the United States and to countries such as Guam and Japan, as well as various islands in the Caribbean. In February of 2005, God introduced Jarrod to his wife Lisa via eHarmony.  She was in Wishek, North Dakota and he was in Jacksonville, FL.  They married in April of 2005 and have been happily so ever since.  Their four children, Kari, Taevon, Edward, and Isabella are, in his own words, "absolutely awesome".  Throughout his travels and his experiences, good times and bad, Jarrod has always held to one thing,  his love of the Lord.  He believes that God is his source and that Jesus died on the cross for him and for you.  When asked about the inspired book series, The Prophecy of the Seventh Elizabeth, Jarrod had the following to say: "I was blessed to be the vessel that God poured this series of books into and I am so thankful that He chose me to share this beautiful vision with.  It's like watching a movie unfold in my head.  I hope that this book, and the books that follow become a blessing and a soul altering experience to you, your family, and your friends.  Be blessed and may all the glory be to God."

What inspired you to become a writer?

I never, ever, thought about being an author.  Never had a childhood affinity for books.  In fact, I can barely spell J  (Thank the Lord for spellcheck).  But I do like to tell a story.  Some years ago God put this movie in my head.  The Prophecy of the Seventh Elizabeth, The Battle Between Light and Dark.  I think of it as a continuous download of scenes.  I’m captivated by it and I have this drive to write it down and one day see it on the big screen.  At the time I thought it was just one book, but over time realized that it’s huge.  I’m currently working on Book 2 of the Christian Science Fiction series and will soon follow with the third book of the series.  So far, everyone who has read it, loves it.  The reviews have been awesome.  I give the credit to God for the story.

Which of your books do you consider your “pride and joy”? Why?

I love book 1 of the series which is titled, The Prophecy of the Seventh Elizabeth, The Battle Between Light and Dark, Book 1.  I’m sure it will always hold a special place in my heart.  Book 2, simply titled, The Prophecy of the Seventh Elizabeth, The Battle Between Light and Dark, Book 2, of course, is outstanding in that it delivers what I would want to see in a great series of Sci-Fi movies or books.  But I think Book 3 which is title The Prophecy of the Seventh Elizabeth, Enoch will likely end up being my favorite.  The movie in my head is unbelievable and I can’t wait to release it next year.  There are more, of course, but I think these three books will be the ones that I remember most.  Each a gift from God.

Do you have any preparation rituals before you begin to write?

Well, I don’t have a “Procrastination ritual” (Grace Yee), but I do find that I need to be on good terms with my awesome wife before I write.  I know that some authors find mornings better and some find evenings best, but time of day doesn’t really matter to me.  I wrote most of book one and two while on airplanes on my phone.  But my favorite place to write is at our timeshare in Orlando.  Truthfully, I just need to be at peace and the download begins.

If you had to come up with a book title to describe your life, what would it be?

I would have to borrow a snippet from the Guide.  “Mostly Harmless”

If you had a chance to have dinner with any author who would it be? 

I think it would be an indie author.  Someone who’s not quite there yet, but who is on the right track.  Someone who had what it takes and is an incredible storyteller, but who just hasn’t been discovered yet.  Someone who likes BBQ and good conversation.  If I couldn’t find that then perhaps one of the authors of the Star Wars Fate of the Jedi series or maybe Douglas Adams!

We all have family, work and other obligations...how do you maintain balance while in the middle of a writing project?

There’s balance? J  Well I have a beautiful loving wife and four awesome children.  Ages 14, 13, 13, and 7.  I’m also a Microsoft Certified Trainer and the Senior SharePoint Consultant for the company I work for in Des Moines, IA.  Since I live in St. Augustine, FL, you can imagine we travel quite a bit.  We homeschool our kids and I love playing online video games with the kids.  I find balance in prayer.  I believe that God is my source and that everything will get finished exactly when it’s supposed to.  The great thing is that the story, movie, never leaves my mind.  It’s always there waiting for me to finish writing it down so that I can finally read it from end to end.

What is the one piece of advice you received about writing that helped you the most?

Although we’ve never met, I received an awesome piece of advice from Chris Rock.  Yes Chris Rock, the movie star.  I was watching an interview on PBS and Mr. Rock was talking about something that he had written.  He said something like, just get through the first draft.  Don’t worry about how it reads.  Just get through it.  So, I never worry about spelling, sentence form, poetry, etc.  I just get the first draft down.  I can always make it clear, spellcheck, restructure a sentence, and add poetic liberties on the second draft.   

Where can we purchase your books and how can we keep up with you?

Visit my website www.e7prophecy.com and keep up to date on the E7Prophecy.

The book is available at all Major Online sellers of books.
 


30% off at CreateSpace with the code from my website:  www.e7prophecy.com

Last, but not least.....What and when is your next release? Provide a brief synopsis....

Book 1 is out now.  Book 2 will be out this fall and Enoch will be out next year. 

Before his death, St. John the Apostle spoke a prophecy, sometimes referred to as "The Second Revelation of John."  The prophecy was hidden from the world to protect it from those that sought to destroy it or cast shadows over it forever.  The prophecy gives account of a child who would be chosen to stand for all mankind.  It foretells the coming of a great evil from beyond Earth's solar system.  It speaks of a soulless army that will attempt to prevent the birth of the Chosen One.  If that fails, then the enemy's mission will be to find the Chosen One and prevent her from standing on behalf of all mankind at "The Battle Between Light and Dark."

A brutal contract hit on FBI Special Agent Johnathan Sette's family leaves his life turned upside down and his newborn child missing.  In order to ensure the safety of his children, he will enlist the help of the Seven Dragons family to teach them an ancient form of martial arts.  Johnathan, his family, and faithful friends will hold on to their strong Christian faith as they search the world for his missing daughter, Elizabeth.

1 comment:

Your comments are always appreciated!