Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Sunday, August 24, 2014

HAVE A SEAT: N.N. LIGHT!


N. N. Light was born in Minnesota, lived in Southern California only to move to chilly Ontario, Canada to marry her beloved husband Mr. N.  she is blissfully happy and loves all things chocolate, books, music, movies, art, sports and baking.  Most of the time you can find her on Twitter (@NNP_W_Light) or getting new ideas on how to spread the Light on Pinterest (www.pinterest.com/nnlight).  For more information or to connect, please check out her website: 


What inspired you to become a writer?

I love to read to and have had my nose buried in a book ever since I learned how to read.  I always have wanted to be a writer and to create stories that people would love to read.  I have been blessed with this gift for writing and over the years have honed my craft.  I knew that I wanted to write a book but for several years struggled with it.  Inspiration kicked me in the head and the next thing I knew, I was writing, Princess of the Light

Which of your books do you consider your “pride and joy”. Why? 

I actually am about to release my debut novel, Princess of the Light.  It is my total pride and joy!

Do you have any preparation rituals before you begin to write?

I do.  I fill up my purple water bottle (it holds 32 ounces) with water, put on some good music and pat the head of my writing mascot (a cute teddy bear figurine holding books my husband gave me three years ago).  I take a deep breath and off I go.

If you had to come up with a book title to describe your life, what would it be?

Wow, great question!  Let's see... Making Lemonade Throughout Life's Storms

If you had a chance to have dinner with any author who would it be? 

I would love to have dinner with Ernest Hemingway.  He is one of my writing mentors and I would love to bend his ear on so many topics.  He had a love of good food so my husband, a retired chef, would prepare him a feast.  We would sit down, eat delicious food, drink some wine and talk the night away on life, writing and creating a memorable thought-provoking story.

We all have family, work and other obligations...how do you maintain balance while in the middle of a writing project?

I agree it can be hard to juggle all areas of your life while writing but the easiest thing I have found is to stay organized.  I set aside the afternoon (1-5 pm) during the week to devote to my writing.  It works amazingly well because my husband is at work and once it became a habit, my mind would naturally be ready to write at the same time every day.

What is the one piece of advice you received about writing that helped you the most?

Write what you would want to read.  I saw this quote years ago and I love it!  It is so true, especially for me.  I wrote a book that I would be interested in.  If I can't put it down, then hopefully many other readers will feel the same way!

Where can we purchase your books and how can we keep up with you? 

My book is being published via Smashwords and Amazon on August 26th.  It will be published first as an e-book and in print in a few weeks (once I catch my breath). 



Here are the ways you can connect with me:




Last, but not least.....What and when is your next release?  

My debut novel is Princess of the Light, an urban fantasy novel.  The publication date is August 26th.  Here is the blurb:


Mary Miller never thought much about destiny until God's Archangel and Messenger, Gabriel, appears.  Gabriel reveals she is destined to vanquish Darkness by spreading the Light and she has a revelation:  she is the key.  Her first assignment is to restore the soul of a homeless man known only as the Walking Man.  She's thrust face to face with evil all the while losing her heart to a new love, Joe Deacons.  Can she win the battle the Lord placed her in without losing all she loves?


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for featuring me on your blog today! I really appreciate your support. For all those interested, the publication date has been moved back a week. Princess of the Light will be published on Tuesday, September 2nd. :) MRS N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for participating! I'm sure you're book will be a great success.

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated!