Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Saturday, August 23, 2014

GUEST BLOGGER DIANA ROCKWELL - INSPIRATIONAL WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY


I am honored to introduce my guest blogger, Diana Rockwell, who lives in Ramona, California. She is a daughter of the King of Kings, a wife, a mother, a grandmother, and a nurse. She serves on a Freedom in Christ ministry team where she is a trained encourager. She prays for people who are struggling with lies that are keeping them in bondage. She helps them walk through seven steps to victory over their past issues such as marital problems, sexual abuse or occult issue. She has taught women’s bible studies and shared her testimony in Nazareth on a mission trip to Israel where several people came to know Christ as a result. Her story will be published in Tracie Miles book “Your Life Still Counts” that will be released in October, 2014.  She has a wonderful blog - check it out!  http://www.diana2rockwell.com.  Thanks Diana for being my guest!!!!!




“What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God.” 
II Corinthians 6: 16 

“Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to Him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land.” Deuteronomy 30: 19-20 


I took a long time to realize that my body was God’s temple and I needed to care for it with extreme attention and care. My journey with weight loss has been a struggle. Countless diets, programs, and weight loss pills were entertained by me. Many times I met a healthy weight only to lose the battle and regain the weight plus more. I was frustrated and my health was suffering. I felt like a failure and food was my idol. Self-medicating with food to numb and to escape the pain became my way of life.  

At 233 pounds in October 2011, I began having serious health problems and was diagnosed as morbidly obese.  My blood pressure was elevated, I needed to have a right knee replaced, my back was hurting and yes I was in denial but I was pre-diabetic. I was at the end of my rope, after six months of classes and much soul searching I had a “gastric sleeve” surgical procedure. So in May of 2012, I had my right knee replaced and in July, 2012 I had the sleeve.  

At the time of surgery, I made a rock-solid decision that I would do everything that was needed for me to restore my health and I would never eat past full.  I always wanted to weigh 157 pounds, I breezed past that goal six months after surgery. At the one year anniversary I had lost 100 pounds. I just celebrated my two year anniversary, I am at goal with a total weight loss of 109 pounds. My health has improved I do not need blood pressure medication or pain medication for my knees and back. I can walk, climb stairs, get down on the floor, and I can ride on rides with my grandchildren at amusement parks.  

Today, I still have to eat but I do not live to eat. I realized that I was filling my heart with food, when what I really needed was God. Due to the struggles I had encountered throughout my life which involved physical pain, marital problems, abuse and heartache, in addition to the obesity, I thought God could never love me, forgive me, or use me. But when I discovered how much He loved me and that He had a plan for my life, my heart was changed forever. God filled me with a passion to encourage other women facing the challenge of weight to help them have hope that God is bigger than their appetite and victory can be theirs.   


Father God, I pray with the woman who is struggling with her body image and weight. Lord I ask that you become real to her. Your word challenges us to choose life, I was choosing food to meet my emotional needs and you are the only one who can meet all of our needs emotionally, and physically. Your word in 1 Peter 5:7 says, “Cast all your anxiety on him because you care for her.” I ask that she come to you and give you her anxiety and pain. 
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!