When The San Francisco Wedding Planner series was in the planning process, each of us was asked to select the character we would most like to focus on for round two. Surprise, surprise! I chose Heather's mother, Gloria Rasmussen Donovan. We are alike in a few ways. I have a thirty-four year son who cringes when the phone rings, waiting to hear my honest opinion of his life and how to raise my granddaughters ... And let's not forget my academy award worthy guilt-trip provocations.
Gloria meddles in every aspect of her daughter's life (isn't that a mom's job?). Being widowed, she is trying to find herself ... Unfortunately, it's in the teen and make-up section of Nordstrom's. "Dress Young, Feel Young" is one of her mantras, the other being, "Date Young, Feel Young." Both a source of embarrassment for Heather and entertainment for her staff.
Close your eyes -- picture a 50+ woman in a hot pink tank top, skin-tight leopard print capris, spiked heels, and pouty, over-painted lips....and listen to this song:
And don’t forget to stop by all the other blogs on this tour. Some of the authors are even hosting giveaways, so you won’t want to miss those!
- Monday, July 14 – Ruth L. Snyder http://ruthlsnyder.com
- Tuesday, July 15 Cindy Noonan http://CindyNoonan.com
- Wednesday, July 16 Mishael Witty http://bluebrownbooks.com/
- Thursday, July 17 – Michele Huey http://christianwriterspage.blogspot.com/
- Friday, July 18 – Patti J. Smith http://gridirongrannyfootballfanatic.blogspot.com/
- Saturday, July 19 – Amber Schamel http://amberschamel.blogspot.com/
- Sunday, July 20 – Mark Carver http://www.markcarverbooks.com
- Monday, July 21 – Marian Baay http://marianbaay.blogspot.nl/
- Tuesday, July 22 – Jen Cudmore www.jencudmore.com
- Wednesday, July 23 – Tracy Krauss http://www.tracykraussexpressionexpress.com/
- Thursday, July 24 – Marcia Laycock http://marcialeelaycock.com/thespur/
- Friday, July 25 – Joy Davis www.joyrossdavis.com
- Saturday, July 26 – Travis Perry http://travissbigidea.blogspot.com/
- Sunday, July 27 – Mark Venturini http://markventurinijourney.blogspot.ca/
- Monday, July 28 – Iola Kirkwood http://iokirkwood.com/
- Tuesday, July 29 – Marsha Hubler http://marshahubler.wordpress.com