Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Life, As I Knew It



During my late-night Pinterest browsing, I came across the above quote by Jamie Lee Curtis and I thought it was definitely blog-worthy.

There was a time in early sobriety when I believed life was over.  I was no longer the self-assured, fun-loving person I thought I was. How could I possibly succeed, let alone have a good time without drinking?  Heck, I had never missed a liquid lunch at work or gone out dancing, to a movie, concert, or even bowled, for that matter, without being smashed.

And you know what?  I was right, THAT life was over.  In time, sobriety blessed me with clarity of self and a positive outlook on life. I learned happiness comes from within not from the bottle and not only that, bowling sober is more fun ... are there really only ten pins?????

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!